About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Rock your socks!

Yesterday I went to the Ottawa Folk Festival and had an Absolute BLAST! I have never been to a folk festival. MY First! And May I say there was all sorts of people there. Stereo typical folkies and some not so folkie. Most nice but some that were just plain RUDE!(one lady about my age turned to my sister after she did her trademark yell and said are you going to be screaming like that all evening? She said YUP! LMAO!) But over all it was a great day in the sun and A HOT evening over all.

I heard all sorts of music and came out of there was 2 new bands that I will buy their cd's for. BUT I went with MY daughter and one of her MEN and my Sister (who bought me my ticket for my birthday! Awesome GIFT! ) To see Kalan Porter! MAN that MAN has PIPES! He rocked the house! We got pretty close the stage so we felt the music! We were treated to 2 preformances although the afternoon was short but he did sing 2 songs!

Here's some pictures of the 19 year we went to see. Awww I wish I much much younger.


Kalan during th afternoon just after playing his Violin and he's siniging Nature boy!



this is Kalan after just after he came out playing In Spite Of it All...It was AWESOME!!!!!


DSCN1406.jpg

Singing with band memebers!

We were really close and MY Sister was the loudest screamer there...I was so Proud!!!



MY favorite of the evening!

So I won't bore you my good readers with anymore of the girlsih infatuation with a man more than 1/2 my age! But gosh it feels good to be that young again!!!!!! And the best part was I got to spend time with Miranda and my sister!

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

You are too cute with your Kalan crush :) Glad you had a great time, I totally forgot the festival was on. Oh well, missed another concert ;)

Anna - happy your sister had great time too, and hoping she screamed a little louder for the party pooper.

Pete said...

So cool how your teenager wants to do stuff like that with you. Looks like you had a great time! :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Anna...I was standing behind this Sad sorry case and I scream a few that would make you proud and she looked at me as IF I was nuts....No fracking way are you going to get a bunch of people NOT to scream at a concert...It's not chamber music! GAWD! LOL!