About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Stiff DRINK! psssiiiffffttttt! The whole bottle!

This is not a blog I thought I would be writing today. I know, Most kids are * active* at 15, but I thought I had brought my daughter up with more self-repect. Sigh...I guess I need to talk some more to her.

She was at a party on the weekend. Supervised. And the Mother called me this a.m. SIGH. My daughter did NOT behave the way I would have liked. Apparently 2 of the boys that were invited and the 2 I have not met, were all over her when they thought the parents were not looking. Now the mom did say she seemed to be pushing them away when she thought she was being watched but she figures they were not behaving well with her. (Thank you for calling) I will spare you all the details cause I really don't want to have to write this stuff down. Needless to say I am hurt & dissapointed by this. She is a good kid and I knew when she came home something had happened she was way, way too happy and talked too much about one boy and at one point said he was his usual "HOR**Y" self. Although she also said he doesn't mean much by it...BULLSH**( I don't need any this goolged by the wrong sort)

Now I did expect something like this to happen at some time, but not just at a party with someone she is NOT in a relationship with. Not that I approve but I have to realistic here. I know these things happen but I am not ready for all this. I may never be. I'm sure the two boys were just seeing how far they could get with her which will not lead to any sort of relationship....THANK GOD! She needs to know this too. I know yesterday she seemed down so I bet the guilt is setting in. I guess I need to talk to her about those feelings you get and how to control them and about respect for yourself and what you really want others to see and not get the REP as easy "Mak* out" And I'm certainly glad they weren't drinking as far as the Mom was concerned,because that could have led to a lot worse that I'm sure she is not ready to deal.

SIGH...Not they way to start the day.
All you people with boys and girls not here yet...start screaming now.

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

Argh, not what you wanted to hear for sure. But, here is your chance to keep her chatting and let her know that even when you don't think you are being watched sometimes you are :)

Best wishes!
Anna

Running2Ks said...

I am so sorry. I am glad she was supervised, and I know that this will lead to many talks. But I am really sorry to hear that.