About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We talked

She turned red.

Agreed with everything I said and raced off to call her friend when I was done.

I heard her say "Mom knows!".

Mom only suspects.

She never admitted to anything.

Silence is admission.

I hope what I said, stays in the back of her head when she really needs it.

Unfornately I was 15 and I think it's gone in one ear and out the other.

She is NOT going to parties with those boys.

She still thinks that boy is HOT.

Maybe I can keep her locked up for the next 30 years or so.

I feel sick to my stomach.

5 comments:

BeachMama said...

Good Job Mom! Keep up the good work.

Anna

Running2Ks said...

Oh man, that is just scary. I really hope that she listens to you!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
Have her come and visit me for a week or so...I'll take her over to visit J's Birth mom and the over abundance of children in her home...
Hope you got through to her....
B

Pete said...

Sorry for the troubles you are having. You seem to have a close relationship with your daughter. Have faith in that. Have faith in that you've raised her well.

(but locking up for 30 years - a good fall-back plan!) :)

nancy said...

You are doing the right thing.