About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Horrible 4's

You ever have days where you have tons of errands to do and you just quit and run home. Especailly when your 4 year old is the one you feel sorry for when it's some other parent going through it. Today I'm the Parent!

I felt like wanted to cry...I'm feel like horrible mom today. I have no patience with my active normal but misbehaving 4 year old boy today. I feel like Crap. I have a sore throat and I'm sneezing and I have a ton of stuff to do today to get ready from my open house on the weekend. All I want to do is sleep. And what makes me madder than a hatter is when you are having a talk with him about his behavior after a time out and he smiles and tells you all that he did wrong. He knows what he did was wrong. He heard everything you asked him to do but choose to ignore you, but does it anyways. Then tells ME to COOL DOWN. Yes my voice was verging on loud but not quite yelling cause it hurts to yell. And I should go and take a TIME OUT FOR MYSELF! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. OK quit laughing you out there who are reading this. YOUR NOT HELPING!

Here's a list of the things that happened before noon. Went to weight watchers and he ran wild around the room and got loud no matter how many times I put him in time out he would come out and do the same. Went to Zellers (Like Target) Dissappeared for 5 min hiding in among the clothes racks..Scared me shitless. "Mommy I was just playing Hide and seek " Although he forgot to inform me of this me. Took us 10 minutes to leave the store cause he wanted to go to the TOYS I would not allow it. He jumped in every puddle he could find to the van and ran through the parking lot. Went to another place to pick up milk...right besides a TOYS"R"US! Big Mistake on may part. As we get to the store I want I run into a friend who was just in above said store and had bought some stuff for her girl...MY man Is standing there going I want a toy I want a toy I want a toy. I keep ignoring him as we go inot the store I want He take a major melt down. I pick him up and leave with my purchase and as I go out of the mall he keeps wiggling in my arms I mistep and fall right flat on the ground in a puddle behind a vechile that is just backing up. All the time my boy is screaming....I'm sorry mommy I will listen. We leave and come home. Mommy is very tired and she has to take him out again in abit to go to daddy's work for an event. I hope I'm up for it.

I know they look like angels when they are sleeping. I love Him with all my heart, his sense of humour but on a day like today SCHOOL! Can't come soon enough.

So I'm having my time out with a cuppa tea and a venting BLOG.




How did my cute little guy become this 40 yr old in a 4 year old body?????

7 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

hugs Sharon

hang in there, nine more sleeps...

montsé

BeachMama said...

Crazy day you had!! I hear you though. Although mine aren't quite as bad as my two year old isn't as articulate as your lad ;) He was yelling at me to "Go Away Mommy" while I was pushing him through Loblaws the other day.

Anna

Running2Ks said...

Hard to argue with the 4 year old logic. I'm so sorry he's being a pill. HUGS!

nancy said...

What Monté said...but now only 8.

Pete said...

Some of this sounds very familiar...
I'm always getting in trouble for hiding in the clothing racks.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

A grown Man Hidding in among the clothes. Now that's something I would like to see!

You make me laugh Pete!

Marla said...

I know how rough those times can be - and you're not a bad mommy. Just a tired, maybe a little sick and busy mommy. I'm having a hard time lately finding a way to let Josephine know that I'm not her favourite toy and playmate 24/7; that things have to get done somehow, and she reacts in much the same way as your boy. A fresh start tomorrow will make you feel better.