About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I think I got through

Yesterday I didn't think I had gotten through to my girl.

My baby girl.

I spent the morning writing her a letter from the heart.

I talked about self respect.

I talked about ownership of one own body and how no can take that from you...it's the only truely thing we own. All the rest is material.

I talked about Love.

I talked about Lust.

I talked about Hormones.

I talked about what she is feeling now.

I talked about how much her father and I love her.

I talked about values; hers and others; and how some do not respect those vaules.

I talked about what you want to remeber when you look back on your life.

I talked about not letting yourself be controled by lust or hormones or others.

I talked about STD's, Aid's and Rape.

I was blunt and to the point.

I told her over and over how beautiful she really is.
ON the outside and that she is more amazingly beautiful on the inside.

She cried after she read those 6 pages.

We talked.

She was confused.

I cleared things up.

She heard me and Hugged me.

I told would be here for her anytime.

I told her again,

I loved her with all my heart.

No matter what.

6 comments:

Pete said...

Sharon, this moved me.
You are a wonderful mother, and your daughter is lucky to have you.
I am so happy to hear you are getting through to her. :)

Running2Ks said...

I am in tears. You did a wonderful thing.

nancy said...

I am also in tears...Miranda will gain from this and grow into a beautiful woman. There will be many more bumps in the road, one day all of your smoothing out will be worth it.

BeachMama said...

Ah you bring tears to my eyes as well. You are a great Mom (I think I said that the last post) Miranda and Nathan both are so fortunate to have you for their Mom. So many other Mom's wouldn't take the time to make sure their kids know why they don't want them to do something. You took the time. One of the more precious things you can give.

Keep it up, I am keeping tabs for when my turn comes.

Anna

Silver Creek Mom said...

Thank You all. You know it's hard to know what to do right. My Mom would never have done this or even talk to me. I swore not to do this to my kids.

Maybe I shouldn't have beared it all to to the world but even I need a place to vent. It was nothing major Like Having s*x of any kind but that may have been the next step.

And I was not going down with a "fight" so to speak.

thanks for the encouraging words all
Hugs
Sharon

Marla said...

What a good mom you are.

When I think back to what my mom told me, "You can't go back to just holding hands.", I now know at the time it wasn't enough to say - yet now I know it says it all.

Good luck.