About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Quick Blog Before Bed.

I just had to share this converstaion my kids had on the way home from a Church Supper tonight. Miranda was talking about HOW excited she was that Nathan was going to start school next year.

"I'm not going to school Miranda"
"Yes Nathan you are and I guess I'm just so much more excited about it than you."
"Will I go to your school?"
"No you will go to my old school, they don't put little kids with Big kids anymore, you will get to come on the bus with me and then I will take you off the bus and leave you with all your new friends"
"Can I sit with you on the bus, Miranda?"
"Yes Nathan I would love to sit with you on the bus"
"I'm going to have lots of best friends but you'll always be my best sister"
"Hi-5 Nathan...you got that right!I love you little man"
"I love you too Big Sis!"

Don't you just love kids!

SQOD
What do your kids do that make you melt? OK So there is lots but try to pick just a few...please?

I love it when both my kids cuddle with me on the couch to watch a movie.
Or when Miranda come home from school and Nathan races out the lane way and jumps into her arms for a hug. Makes me tear up almost everyday.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

That conversation was so cute. My heart melts everytime my little guy calls out for his big brother. Quite often it happens when his big brother isn't here, and isn't expected for a few days. Breaks my heart really, but there is nothing like the excitement when the big guy walks in, the rest of us are chopped liver for the rest of the night.

Anna

Running2Ks said...

I love when they climb up on top of me and call me the best mom ever and give me raspberries ("Broken Kisses").

Your kids are extra melty :)

Pete said...

I got a snail mail from my Gracie on Saturday. She drew me pictures. I melted. I'm all gooey now. :)