About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A quick Blog

Just to vent....

My Hubby Jack is a wonderful man but there is one thing that totally TICKS me off and has for the 23 yrs we have been married. He reads....Now I don't mean I have a problem with him reading it's just when he chooses to read. And It's not like we have not talked about this over and over again. He says it's stress relief. Ok I totally unterstand. I read for that too. to escape. BUT what I don't do is read when we are eating. Yes eating. he gothome late last night form work and helped Miranda with her advanced math. It was midnight before he got to bed. Fine...he's tired. There is some stuff he has to have ready for Thursday at work. No prob I understand. BUT He did not see Nathan at all last night and Nathan got up and was with him this morning. He read while eating. And what really ticked me off was that he was running late. ANd he still read while eating and got upset with Miranda when she said "Dad stop reading we are going to miss the bus! " He drives her to the bus.

So why read when you are late? Why read when you have nto seen your family much in the last 24 hours? I find that sooo totally selfish. Or am I selfish? I figure family comes first and this is what he leads me to believe but not when he is eating? ARRRGGGHHHH!

Going to shower and get ready for the day.

6 comments:

Marla said...

Um, this was me until about ten years ago. Getting lost in a book was the only way I could turn my mind away from the gazillion things going off all around me and get some time and space to myself while still being physically present as demands required. Awfully rude, I know. I just needed more transition time between activities, and didn't know how to switch mental gears. Now that I know how to ask for what I need better, this doesn't happen as often. I know how frustrated you must be!

Silver Creek Mom said...

That I understand and Jack is very slow when he is tired at switching gears...but he just got up and he has an hours drive to work, His family does need him but he seems to not know that....I guess I don't get to have the time to be able to do that, granted the only gears I have to switch from is waking up to Mommy where's my.....

;)

Sharon

Pete said...

I watch TV as an escape from stress. It drives my wife nuts. I can talk to her while watching, but she thinks I'm not paying attention. She's like, "Why do you always need to have that TV on?" My mother does it too. Always has. So I just blame her! :)
Don't do it while eating though. (mostly)

BeachMama said...

Thank goodness, I am not alone! That is all I can say :)

Anna - who loves a good book, but not while eating a family dinner

nancy said...

I think that would bug me. No wait. I know that would bug me. A lot. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» »