About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Rainy Days

I always have trouble with rainy days. Well I love rainy days I love to sit and read or bake, I'm happy to do this stuff and the days passes right on by. BUT what do you do with your kids on rainy days? I let Nathan watch more t.v than he should on rainy days. I'm not a crafty person (although I did do an art degree but painting is NOT the same as crafts) And people figure I can whip a craft outta mid air. Not happening here people! I let Nathan paint for hours he loves that. Anyone know any great craft books for kids out there? When we bake, it a problem for me eat it and it doesn;'t help my Weight Watcher.
I have to post about that but that's another time.

So instead of the SQOD riddle me this batman, What do you do with your kids to keep them entertained? Help?

7 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Crafts, baking (yeah I know, I know), TV, computer, reading, homeschooling, splashing in the rain, indoor playdates, etc.

nancy said...

Crafts, baking, TV, books...oops!! sorry R2K already said.

I find we play more games (Cariboo) and do more puzzles...BUT our most favouritest thingy to do on rainy day is just that, enjoy the rain. We were out this morning already in rubber boots and umbrellas and we will go out again this afternoon to jump in puddles. Not too cold yet so may as well enjoy.

I love the rain, I could so easily live in Vancouver.

Pete said...

I was going to say the same thing. Go out and play in the rain! Make sure you splash in EVERY puddle. Look for the deepest one. Look for worms. Get all muddy. Then come inside and build a fort and eat soup. Have fun!

Nancy - No, no umbrellas! Umbrellas are for babies! haha
Get wet!

Silver Creek Mom said...

Man what a great Idea..although with the rain here we would have had a bath before we got to the puddles.To bad I didn't read this before the rain stopped...sunny here. Oh well next time.

Nancy you such a fun MOM I can see you puddle jumping! with a boy on each hand!

Pete you always meake me laugh

Umbrellas Pfffsssstttt!

BeachMama said...

Well, we played in the rain in the very early morning, then cleaned up, then headed out to our favorite shopping mall and met Grandma and One of my Yonger sister's (and her little bug), did some window shopping came home, watched a movie, made supper, read stories went to bed.... somewhere in there we coloured with pencils and markers too. And that was our rainy day!

Anna

nancy said...

I would rather no umbrellas too BUT the attraction for them is they get to play with their umbrellas...who knows? Don't worry though, we manage to get good and wet regardless.

Lina said...


weight issue 101 Ways to Get In Better Shape and Stay That Way.

Therapeutic Massage : You might be thinking what does getting a massage do for my health other than to make me feel good.

Eliminate Stress : Stress is a key contributor to poor health.

Young at Heart : Regardless of your age, if you start acting too old, you will actually not benefit yourself at all.

Body Fat : When you think about losing weight, more importantly than weight is the amount of fat you are carrying around.

Do Not Forget the Teeth : Often the care of teeth and gums is overlooked as potential health risks.

Be Careful with the Sun : Everyone loves basking in the warm sun, especially if it is lying on a beautiful sandy beach.

Give your Eyes a Rest : Most jobs in today's society require the use of a computer.

Breast Exams : Make sure you conduct regular breast examines.

Make Time for Intimacy : If you are married, be sure to make time for intimacy in your relationship.

Puffy Eyes : If you battle with puffy eyes or dark circles that make you look worn out, do not feel alone.

FITNESS : Fitness is just as important as health, and in reality, fitness correlates directly with our health.

Squats : Squats are excellent for glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves.

Get to the Gym : Working out at home is a good option and for some people

Get Ready to Run : Before any workout, always warm up.

Resistance : The next time you work out try adding some resistance to your routine.

Be Realistic : It would be great to be able to jump right into a hard workout, feel great, and see instant results.

Bowling : Get some exercise by joining a bowling league.

Fitness and Food : Certain foods provide specific benefits for people who workout.

Diabetes and Exercise : Aerobic exercise can actually be beneficial for people with diabetes.

Check your Pulse : As you exercise, it is to your advantage to keep track of your pulse rate.

weight issue