About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Where did it go?

Holy Crap on a stick! Where did the summer go? You know I had plans for the summer. Did I do any of it....No. I think most of my summer was wrapped up in family visits or doing things for or with others. I got away with the girls. Yes ok that was somthing that I had planned but it was touch and go for abit whether I would be going or not with Nathan in the hospital. (should blog about that trip)
The summer started with, Miranda's birthday, and driving her everywhere!
Jackl's brothers kids being here
Installing the doors
Jack's Brother and his Fun wife arriving.
Nathan's Birthday and his bee allergy.
Went on the Steam Train with family.
Went to the Folk festival.
But what I really wanted to do this summer was sit on my back deck and read. I have a stack of books to read that I haven't. Read with an Ice Cap or a glass of wine eat some junk food (didn't) .

DSCN1353.jpg
Now I'm not saying I didn't do alot of fun stuff this summer but there was not enough down time for my liking. Where were the days where I let the house go to pot and I grabbed my book and went out there to read? I happened once or twice but not enough.
Now the Maple tree outside my window is getting a touch of yellow and Miranda is back a school. Summer to me is offically gone and any of the nice warm days that are left are what I call Bonus days. Days that you really really enjoy before the season really starts to change.
It was a nice summer anyways.

Enjoy the last few days people ! Cause they are numbered.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

Gorgeous photo! I can see you sitting there this fall and enjoying a few good books with a blanket on your lap :)

Anna

Aleta said...

Yeah... and what happened to the lazy days sitting on your porch. I don't think we even polished off one case of Mike's. We were ripped I tell ya!

Oh and thanks for calling me fun! lol ;)

Running2Ks said...

I love fall! I'm glad it is coming! But your summer sounded fun :)