About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Won't be long till this won't be here anymore.

Afternoon all

Let me first thank you all for playing "What is this Orange stuff?" game. I still have grey carpet with a splash of Orange...I think I'm done for.

Pete you get a High Five for the funniest answers ...I don't believe for a minute you woke and yelled "It's Paprika" If your like my husband you probably mumbled and rolled over and snored. ;)

And A BIG blog Woot Woot to Andrea for guessing right! You rock! Looks like you have a very cool blog over there...I may have to link you.

As I was out picking tomatoes this morning ( to make the salsa that I didn't yesterday) I turned and looked at our house. I love our house at certain times of the day. And today I thought it merited a Photo op! It won't be long to this will be covered in the white stuff. I know SHUT UP SHARON!


Nathan was helping me outside this morning. He was hauling some weeds for me. He loves to pull things and help with anything. Poor kid must be bored to tears to want to help. LOL!



He has a much bigger wagon but this was easier to pull.

I won't have much of a chance to blog for the next few days...you see I'm leaving on vacation...alone! Well sort of. I'm meeting Nancy and a few of our other friends on a weekend getaway. NO kids or hubbies, drinking to excess (well as much as we can handle and believe me that's not alot) hanging out in a nice hotel, Talk, talk, talk, eat, eat, eat, and SHOP SHOP SHOP! And guess what Swearing is allowed and highly recommended! So if you see me hanging from the rafters, singing the word f*ck in some resturant in Montreal; Be sure to say HI...I don't bite.
Now my big problem is what to pack first the wine or the clothes...WINE! Sorry mental laspe.

I'm sure I will have some stories to tell you when I return. Oops sorry forgot people, RTR (Road Trip Rules! )

Wonder who is going to WIN Canadian Idol tonight? I'm watching mainly to see Kalan Porter sing again...sigh!

SQOB
What's your favorite T.V. Show?

Mine ....Any home decorating show if I get the chance to grab the remote! And of course Canadian Idol and the others

10 comments:

BeachMama said...

It has been too long since I have seen your place, sigh.... I think I need to visit before the white stuff comes.

Favorite TV show, at this moment Friends, because that is all that is on during the summer. But, any decorating show, and I caught the new "Martha" yesterday and laughed so hard I almost woke my little guy. During the winter my fav is "Alias" she inspires me to work out in the winter :) And the many reality shows that go on....and on....

Your BQOD is pretty fun!

Anna

Running2Ks said...

West Wing. I have a terrible West Wing addiction. I need it to go to sleep at night too. I dream about it.

Your house is so cool!

nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nancy said...

Kalan Porter looks like a girl. Ick.

I have too many favourite shows to list...really...a bit of a junkie. BUT If you were to ask of all time...Seinfeld. Hands down.

Silver Creek Mom said...

HE DOES NOT AND HE'S NOT QUITE 20..

I'm taking you out.

Nobody dizes my Kalan.

Sharon DIE HARD KALAN FAN...But not as bad as my sister!

nancy said...

Nope - you can't convince me Sharon - he is a girl. Girly features, impeccable skin, make up? Girly hair and he is just waaaaay tooooo skinny. We'll talk. P.S. don't bring his CD or I'll make you listen to Clay Aiken

Silver Creek Mom said...

Sorry .I love Clay too.

Pete said...

Don't listen to them Sharon!
(I think he's just dreamy) :)

Pete said...

oh, I forgot!
my favorite shows:

King of Queens, Scrubs, Smallville, Lost, The Apprentice, Who's Line Is It Anyway.
Other than that, it's the Weather Channel or History Channel.

Not in any particular order. I love all those shows. But that's all I really watch. I could sit in front of the TV all night! But I have to limit myself. I know you didn't ask for all that, but I'm overtired! :)

Marla said...

It used to be Clean Sweep, before it became too formulaic. (Is that a word? Did I spell it right?) Now it might be "How Clean Is Your House", although I like the House Doctor too. Do you detect a theme? Once upon a time it was Trading Spaces. Actually, I love cleaning/organizing/decorating shows. And Will and Grace.

Paprika in salsa? What's your recipe?

Also, Sharon, will you email me privately? I want to send you two pictures of something that made me laugh when I thought about you.