About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Don't stop here

Do you ever have one of those days where your brain feels like mush? I wonder if it's the weather doing it or just that I need more Brain Food in my diet. Have you heard that Blueberries are the be all and end all of the fruit world? Have you been eating your Salmon? How about eggs? They are good for you again I hear? Spinach? Or how about pomegranates juice? Apparently it's has the most antioxidants than any other food source.

Maybe I need to read some more self help books or take a course to keep me on top of things and keep the little grey cells working. Whatever it is I really don't have anything to blog about. Just randomness (like my daughter says) of my life. I have no wear to go to other than the Bank today. I could place my order but I'm feeling fried enough that IT might be dangerous and I may make a mistake. It's a beautiful day here but my energy level is low. I did my workout through some laundry in the machine and now I want a nap.

I talked to Jack this past weekend about allowing our favorite teenager to have an EVIL boyfriend. He admits he's no where near ready for this, BUT he does realize that it is his problem not hers. I warned him that the new guy is very serious about her and is starting to protect her from some of the other BOYS at school. There is one that is not respectful of any of the girls his motto is "I respect all the girls I touch" (Insert GRAB inappropriately here) and this has made Jack feel better. He has met the boy in question but has no opinions on him yet, which is fine. We have placed restrictions or rules on them. And so far they have both agreed to them. Tucker understands it's hard for a girl to date than it is for a guy and has said this. I think this speak volumes. So we shall see how things go.

Miranda has her first rehearsal tonight after school She has been cast in the Faulty Towers Plays. She has a good role although she has not seen the script. She also has to pack for her trip to Stratford. She leaves tomorrow. She is very excited about going and seeing some more plays and especially since she has someone who loves being there as much as she does . Her new Friend was there last summer too.

Nathan made us laugh our fool heads off at dinner the other night. We had company and they brought this yummy pumpkin pie and topped it with whipping cream. He was asking for more Whipping cream on his pie...he never ate the pie. Anyways his father put his cream on Nathan's pie and said Remember who did this for you. He frowns looks at his dad and says "You didn't do it dad, Eric did!" We laughed so hard and he was hurt. He had no clue what he said was so funny.
I guess I had more to say than I thought. Just not a lot of stuff that makes you think or puts into stitches laughing. Maybe I should go to the bank come back with a cappuccino and sit on my back deck and read for a few. While I still can. It could be snowing soon.


SQOB

What do you do to wake up when your tired?
I don't.

5 comments:

BeachMama said...

I eat! Need I say more ;) If I am feeling a little heavy I just go for the coffee!

Anonymous said...

I send harassing emails to my friends about Home Made Pumpkin Pie

HAHAHA

Sunny said...

LOL- I cook- and read while it's cooking. Thinking about re-decorating always gets me going. So does making out my christmas lists.
So much todo- so little time.....
;-)

Pumpkin Pie and coffee .......

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Running2Ks said...

SNOW?!?!

Ok, *shaking my head*, I don't do much to wake up, I'm afraid. My mom sent me one of the parenting magazines this week and there is a whole section on "brain foods", LOL!

nancy said...

Coffee....outside fresh air...coffee...read/watch something that may make me laugh out loud...coffee...coffee...coffee...