About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I can hardly wait

Miranda get on the bus to come home in about 15 minutes. I can hardly wait for her to return and tell me all about her first trip away with other kids other than family. I want to hear the good the bad and the ugly. I will be the one picking her up at 12 a.m. at the school. I will be the one hearing all the sotries on the way home. I can hardly contain myself.

When Miranda went to school on the first day I thought my heart would break. My baby was going off and I was letting others look after her and tend to her needs other than me. It was hard I cried most of that day. After a few weeks I got to like the freedom abit and looked forward to meeting the bus and having her come home and tell me all about her day. We still do that. Yes she is in grade 10 but the first half hour is just us yawing and chatting. I Love it. I don't know what I'm going to do when she moves out. The thought scares me. BUT I'm hoping she will call late at night and still want to talk toher mommy and tell her about her day. Grant you Nathan will be starting this next year and I will be here with the plate of cookies and the milk waiting to hear about what he learned and who he played with and what he did all day. I hope we can have the same sort of thing, but Nathan is such a different child I have no clue what is in store for us. BUT I do know my heart will break the same when he goes off the start his journey into the world even thought right now he is yelling at me to do something and I sit here typing this going...Just a minute. He drives me nuts but I still love that Monkey with all my heart.

Can't wait to see her. Can't wait to hear it all.
Am I sick? Naw Just in love with my kids.

SQOD
What's your favorite time with the family?

Mine is supper when we happen to be all here and eat and talk together. It's great doesn't happen often enough for me.

4 comments:

Running2Ks said...

So many people don't eat dinner together anymore. It is so great that you have that.

My favorite times are so many, but I guess I love cuddling before bedtime.

BeachMama said...

Two times, first thing in the morning when no one is grumpy yet. And dinner time when we all sit together and find out what each other did that day.

Do tell how Miranda's trip went :D

Anna

Sunny said...

My favorite family time is....
Well, because all my babies are grown up and married and in their own places...my favorite family time is when they all come to visit at the same time and we all congregate in my kitchen and have a nice long visit.
In the living room we all tend to get on the computer or watch TV or play video games instead of actually visiting with each other.

I also like when we all get together for a spur of the moment dinner. No frills- No planning....just something quick and fun!

nancy said...

My favourite is when we are all laughing together...everyone. That's the best.