“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Thanks soooo much

Many thanks goes out to Laura for helping me figure out how to get my links to look the way I wanted too. I'm on my way to being a html guru in the future. Maybe not today (although I'm pretty darn proud I did it on my own.) but one day.

And an apology goes out to PETE for my Sharonism. I do this all the time. Spelling mistakes I don't catch. Pete I fixed it and now your perfect again. ;)

Sorry to everyone else I freaked out by changing my look and now has to scroll all the way down to read my posts. This confuses me why this happens. Must be the way you have your screen set up or something. I'm guessing here. BUT it's certainly doesn't look that way to me.
One day I figure it out and set you all stright. ;)

Anyways I had a busy weekend. I went to a Kalan Porter Ottawa fans dinner and had a hoot meeting 12 women all around my age who just love that man's voice....NO Nancy he's not a girl. Let me just say I have never been part of a FAN club in my life. So this is new too me. The meal was expesive though and the food wasn't great. OK but not great, the people made up for it. Their was only ONE teenager there with her mom. LOL!

Saturday was my Dad's 70th Birthday. He didn't want a party so we dropped by and said HEY and gave him cards. He's in today to get his cateract removed. So I guess he just wanted to be quite this weekend. Then we went to supper at a good friends house. We had a hoot and yummy yummy food and lots to drink. I always enjoy my visits with these people.

Sunday....Chruch...I was so not looking forward to it. BUT Surprise Surprise...the guest preacher could really speak and entertain. I haven't felt that good leaving church in years. And then there was an awesome pot luck after. I was soo full I thought I might be sick. LOL!

So today I'm tired and I'm catching up on laundry and stuff. I don't really have anything deep to speak about today....just idol chit chat.

Have a great week all!

SQOB

What do you do on Mondays?

Me is always laundry and cleaning up from the messes made over the weekend. 4 people tend to mess more than 2.

6 comments:

BeachMama said...

Usually I clean on Mondays, but I am taking a break today :)

It's still cloudy and drab outside so I have the fire going. Phew! Thank goodness I don't live in Vancouver, I would be sooo depressed with this weather all year long.

Anna

Sunny said...

Sounds like a fun day at church- two things I don't usually put together......boy, is THAT comment going to get some flak.
:-(

Mondays I usually do as little as possible- Tuesdays are my errand days- so I usually get my budget out and go over everything I have to do on Tuesday- map out the timetable, so to speak......well, not so to speak...actually I DO make out a timetable for Tuesday.
:-P

I am SOOOOOO OCD and anal about my lists.

Then after I get that figured out- I just relax.

That's a good idea for a post for me. What I do every day of the week. It would be so boring tho except for Tuesdays.

Work- sleep- eat- back to work.

sigh......

nancy said...

Post weekend cleaning - same as you. And I still think he is a she. PHFTZZZZZZZZZ

Silver Creek Mom said...

:P That was for Nancy.

Pete said...

Mondays -
Play Polly Pockets.
Watch "Lady and the Tramp" for 200th time!
Change poopy diapers...

...but soon to be working! :)

Good to be perfect again!
(now if we can just convince my wife - only been trying for 12 years!) :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Sunny Neither do I but it was...And no flack here...whatever you believe is cool with me.

Pete...good luck Man; as we all know there is no such thing as the perfect man...just the perfect woman. ;) LOL!