About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, November 14, 2005

I wouldn't have it any other way

I was just sitting here thinking that my life is sometimes a wee bit difficult. Most people have had their kids and they are now all teenagers or close too it. I have one with raging hormones and a boyfriend and one who is still taking temper tantrums and wetting his pants when he is too busy to go to pee, tires me out most days. Now I know I have learned that I had no control over any of this, I just when I sit here and think about what I though my life would be like at this point. This ain't it! I thought I would be back in school or working and have my house finished and a few other things that just have not happened. I didn't except to spend my thirties waiting to have another kid. Yes I did do other things during that time but they didn't seem as important as trying to have another baby. I do believe things happen for a reason and I have take it as it comes but I still have that “Gee I wonder where I would be now if....”

It's not that I don't love my kids but sometimes I feel a wee bit overwhelmed. OK quit laughing a lot overwhelmed. Maybe having two as teenagers would be worse but having kids with an 11 year age difference isn't easy either. It could be worse, but at least it would be all over with sooner than later. Maybe I'm a wee bit jealous of my friends who have teenagers that fend for themselves while the parents take off for a week. I can't do that with my significant other. I don't think I could leave a 15 year old with a 4 year old for a week. BUT if he was 11 0r 12 ....Lookout Porta Virata here we come.

Another thing is I don't think I can deal with Jack through another set of teenager years with Nathan. He's driving me nuts now and he may only get worse. Maybe it's because she is a girl, I don't know I'll have to get back to you on that after Nathan goes through this, but I thought he was going to pop a vein here Saturday night with Miranda and Tucker. They went out for a walk. (OK we all know why they went for a walk it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out) and when they didn't take the walkie talkie or the cell phone (even thought they were within 500ft of the house he was so mad I thought he was going to have a stroke. After 20 minutes of telling him to calm down I went looking for them. And they were on the swings less than a 100 ft away. And the worst is he mentions this to her when we have company yesterday. LIKE are you STUIPD! I had to step in and say Miranda take the stupid thing next time and Jack enough, and I apologized to My BIL for having to listen to all this. Maybe I'm too laid back and maybe I figure she will be a good kid. I know she did some NORMAL teenage stuff last summer but you can't lock her away and I think we have done a pretty darn good job of raising her right so far. I think that brain of hers will kick in when we need it most. In fact I keep talking about that.

I love my kids. I love how Miranda is smart, funny and beautiful and an amazing actress. I love how Nathan tries to figure out how things work , how his imagination works. I sometimes even find him hilarious when I am trying to discipline him and he talks back to me like an adult. Kills me.

Maybe I should quit thinking. Maybe I should be keep busy. Maybe I should just be grateful and shut the fuck up! YES I am grateful for what I have cause GOD knows it could be a lot worse.

So I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

SQOB
Has your life turned out the way you expected it?

Mine see above if you can figure it out let me know ....ok? Ok.

7 comments:

Sunny said...

No way has my life turned out like i expected it to- in some things it's WAY better- in others- it's wat worse.

I would elaborate- but i don't have enough ime which is one of the worse things.....there just isn't enough hours in the day.

Running2Ks said...

Oh man, do I have to duck and run if I say *yes*? I just wrote an article about this, and yes. I took detours, but this is it.

BeachMama said...

I don't think I know of anyone who's life turned out exactly like they expected it. And the ones who did do it almost like they expected are pretty miserable. The rest of us just go along nicely and except that everything doesn't always go according to a plan. And how boring would that be if we knew exactly what was going to happen? Like you, I never expected to spend half my time trying to have another child. Heck, I thought I would be on three or four by now! I'll let you know how things are going in antoher two years when my two are the same age as your two now ;)

Anna

nancy said...

Well, I had always hoped to be a Mommy by 38 and here I am. As for all of the other things and how I got here, I could never have predicted.

Marla said...

I never thought I'd be friendly with 38 year olds, for one thing.

Sharon, you have such a full and busy life - and I can't imagine having to divide myself between three strong personalities like you do, mentally, emotionally or even to be physically present for them too - I'd run screaming! But there is so much love in your posts despite your stresses, and I see that you are a person of quality and that you are the most important person in those three lives.

Silver Creek Mom said...

Well Gee! Marla thanks.

You just made blogging all worth it for me. And this is another thing I never thought I would do...blog@!Of course I didn't know what it was until 6 months ago.

Your too cool.

tomama said...

Far apart is tough. Close together is tough. I'm coming to the conclusion it's all tough. Don't feel bad for needing the occassional kvetch -- we've all been there!