About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Out of the Mouth of Nathan.

Mommy Can I have some Cake?
No Nathan it's almost supper time.
I'm hungry now!
Nathan, cake is full of sugar and it doesn't have the food you body needs to grow. I want you to eat healthy food first and if you have room then you can have some cake.
But Mommy Cake is HEALTHY.
Now where did you hear that?
Daddy told me.
What did Daddy tell you?
Daddy read me a BIG book with the body in it he said it was Bodyology book ( Biology it took me a minute) and he told me we need sugar to grow our Brains, so that makes cakes healthy. It has sugar, right?
He still didn't get the cake.

And SINCE he has been told this anything sugary is Healthy according to Nathan.

SIGH! Guess I should take away the University Biology text book from his father and get him to Explain the different Types of sugar.
Never try to explain to a 4 year old how the body works it may come back to haunt you.

Why can't he read a normal story book look other Kid's and Dad's?

SQOB
What do you read to your kids? I bet it's Not "Biology Today" University level text books, with Cool Pictures. He asks for the book now.

4 comments:

nancy said...

We read the Sears Wish Book - A LOT. I can sometimes get them to look at the atlas with me. But usually it is kid's books.

BeachMama said...

LOL Nancy, we are currently reading the "Toys R Us" catalogue ;) In addition, we are ready the "Brady Brady" books. Mary Shaw is a local author that wrote these books, they are all about HOCKEY. Yep, every night I get to read about Brady and his friends playing hockey. After of course a whole day of hockey filled adventures.

Anna - taking sponsors now in order to support what may be a very long hockey career.

Silver Creek Mom said...

LOL!

Well Nathan has wrinkled and taped and taped again the little adds that come in any of the Thomas the Tank Engine toys. That's his BIBLE these days.

I don't have a wish book or a TRU catalogue...don't get them out here.

BUT I do remember going through the sears one as a kid. Awww those were the days. LOL!

Running2Ks said...

Daddy's great...for giving us chocolate cake...

It is healthy--it has food groups in it ;)