About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Feeling a little more Christmasy today

After reading Nancy's and Anna's post about Christmas and watching to big fluffy flakes come down outside my window. I'm beginning to feel like Christmas is coming. I do like Christmas. I like it with all the nosiy and trimming and trappings, the food and the visiting (we do alot of that over the holidays!) AND let's not forget all the good cheer...HIC! And the stores and the yes EVEN me who hates to shop like shopping at Christmas. I love to buy gifts for the people I love. Kinda selfless that way.

So Next week I may not blog much cause I may be baking or decorating or just taking Nathan to a toy store to look at the toys.

TTYL!



SQOB

What's you favorite part of Christmas? I think I love singing carols at Christmas Eve service. The one time of YEAR I love going to Church. My favorite Hymn or Carol is The First Noel.

7 comments:

BeachMama said...

You can do it, you can blog and enjoy Christmas too! I do hope you have fun shopping, etc. I love all of that as well as all the preparations. I compare Christmas to planning a wedding. You spend so much time planning and preparing and it is all over in a day! But, worth every moment.

Anna

nancy said...

I. Love. It. All. E-V-E-R-Y-little-T-H-I-N-G about it. The carols/hymns a church at this time of year always make me cry. I think one of my faves is O Holy Night.

Sunny said...

Ahhhhh- Christmas- I am the Christmas freak of everyone I know- A few years ago I had 7 trees in my home- (that included the mini trees in the bathrooms). Hehehehehe.

I think my favorite actual THING about Christmas is all the lights and decorations. I love to go out and see how everyone has decorated for the holidays! Of course the best thing about any holiday is getting to spend time with my loved ones-That goes without saying!!

As for my favorite Christmas song- I have several- Winter Wonderland, Sleigh Ride, Rocking Around the Christmas Tree, Jinglebell Rock and Joy To The World are a few at the TOP of the list. Altho TECHNICALLY(as I tell everyone in the months of May and July when they tell me to hush singing Christmas songs-it's somehow annoying to others when I do that-Go Figure!!) Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Ride are NOT Christmas songs per se.

And once a year i get to make and eat my favorite dessert in the whole world- and believe it or not-there's not a single sliver of chocolate in it.

What is it?....Ever heard of Cherry Yum-Yum?

So rich and creamy- you can't eat much of it- but what you do eat- you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoy!!

If anyone want's the recipe- i can post it on my place. just let me know!!

Happy Holidays All!!!

Ann D said...

I am sure I have your email address somewhere, but I can't find it, so I'm contacting you via your blog. First of all, I'm sorry about all the difficult things you've been dealing with lately. I am sending you big hugs.

I also wanted to let you know that you were one of the first people to post in the blog contest the other night, so you were one of the five winners. If you can email me your address (ann at having-a-baby.com), I will get your "Ann's book is done" celebration pack off to you at the start of the week. My eight year is wrapping everything for me this afternoon.

Ann

Running2Ks said...

I love baking with the girls, and giving gifts of food to the neighbors. I love decorating the tree--all together, and talking about each ornament's meaning.

Marla said...

I like how people seem to be a little nicer to each other at this time of year. I wish it would last the year round.

I don't have a favourite hymn or carol - but Steve Earl's "Nothing But a Child" is a nice break from the same old same old.

Nancy has inspired me to get moving with the Christmassy business - you'll have to thank her for my spirited posts for the rest of the month!

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

What's that white stuff on the ground? Sand? I live in Texas...we don't have White Christmas we have Yellow Christmas when the dust storms blow in.....