About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Complaint is filed

This has been an eye opener for Miranda and I.

She has learned that she can't hug everyone all the time. People come looking for Miranda hugs. She can hug only people she trusts not just everyone who she knows.
She has learned that laughing it off when someone is touching you that you don't want is not the way to handle a situtation.
Saying in a mean rough voice STOP IT! I DON'T LIKE IT.
We have also learned that some people take not fighting as meaning they actaully like it, when they don't. Most of the kids agreed it was wrong. Some (Mostly girls for some reason) said she took it too far. One even said Well Miranda he won't like you anymore. Miranda answered well big F***ing deal. And went on to say she was over reacting. WTF?

Miranda has learned that People see things different when something happens. I think some of the kids reactions was OH there goes *insert name here* fooling around. Alot of Miranda close friends were MORTIFED when they found out. And lot of them were NOT there. And were going to complain for her, but I beat them too it.

The boyfriend called last night. He apologised for being distant and hurting her so. He's learning. His father called to find out what happened I told him. He said they had spoken about it and he didn't say what. He asked if Miranda was ok. And I told him now that this has been set up she is better. Tucker and her talked for quite awhile last night but not about what happened I think in time they will but first they have to get comfortable with each other again.

We both have learned that you can't let this go on as long as we did. The school was amazing. The Vice Principal was angry and wanted to know if we wanted to press charges with the police. We said NO we wanted him spoken to and the VP said his parents would be informed. And told the next time he touches her in any way, He will be kicked out of school and charges laid. This has been going on Since September and the VP (nice man) Said she should not have put up with it for as long as she did. And if he approches her or any of his friends do she is to go directly to the office.

So I was not there long but it is serious enough that the school is now watching him.

I can only hope this boy has learned a lesson and becomes a better human being for it.

Thanks to all of you who supported me in this. I was a hard couple of days but I hope things are now better.
And Anna I hope I never have to use your services but it's good to know your there when I need you. ;)

4 comments:

BeachMama said...

Sharon, It sounds like it may have been a pretty tough day full of lessons learned. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you and Miranda to file the complaint. Nobody wants to be the tattle tale, but in this case you are probobly saving many other girls from similar harassment.

I am still friends with some of the guys who used to come searching for "Anna" hugs in school. Thank goodness, I chose those recipiants carefully and they remember the difference it made in their day.

Hopefully things with Tucker will work out, he seems like a pretty good guy. It must have been hard for him too, not knowing if he should interfere or not.

Hope all goes well on Monday,
Anna - who would be there in a flash if the call came in :)

DaniGirl said...

You did the right thing, Sharon. I'm so sorry that Miranda had to go through all this, but she's lucky to have you as a mom.

Hoping this is the end of it...

Silver Creek Mom said...

Me too...Me too. Next week will be the test. This week is exams so she is only in school 2 days.

Hard lessons but I hope everyone involed learned something.

Marla said...

I hope for all the best too. If you need more help, I'll be happy to go up there and grab him by the short 'n' curlies.