About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Holidays have caught up with me.

Yup! I'm sick...not horribly but still sick. Have a head cold that annoys me. The holidays were not to stressful but not great fun until NYE! Then things picked up. So now 3 of us are in different stages of being sick. Took the old Christmas tree down yesterday. No one complained usually I hear alot of complaints but not this year. I think everyone whats to get back to the regular right away. Nice.

This isn't a very useful post I'm probably going to ramble so stop reading if that's not what your after. School starts again next week and maybe I will get into a routine...get those Execrises under way. Have you ever noticed that when your ready to work out again that your body shuts down and gets sick. Coinsidence? I think not. BUT I'm going to beat my body at it's own game. I going to get back into the work out habit before the end of this year even if it kills me. I need to become more healthy. If one can say it that way. Plus I've been inundated with healthy people this year. Mostly friends who are older than me and in great shape. The are the way I hoped I'd be at this age but I let things go in my 30's and now I have to struggle to make up time. I don't want to be thin just thinner than I am now and strong and Healthy. And then I see pictures of me. I really don't look like that DO I? You see I see myself very differently in my head than I do in a pictures so when I see a picture of myself it comes as quite a shock. So Clean eating and more exercise is going to get me going.

Miranda has exams coming up in the next 2 weeks. She is already studing for it although her father is on her case about Math. I'm sick of listening to them argue and fight about it. Not worth it in my books. NO ONE and let me say this again NO ONE could make Jack do anything if he didn't want to....And now he has a daughter just like him. (OH BIG news on the father front he admited that he like "THE BOYFRIEND" That is was a smart and nice young man. ) There is a God!

The last 3 days Nathan's hands have had hives but just in the morning. I'm wondering what is biting him. I see the bite but I never see what it is that bites him and then it goes away. Hopefully tomorrow a.m. Jack will see it and we can find out what is causeing this. His hands get inflamed and itchey and red.

Well better get dressed and get ready for the day. I have to drive Miranda to another party but this one is just in Gatineau! Woo Hoo! that's close for me. We were going to a movie but that has been put on the back burner. Whatever. Movies are always there.

SQOB

Have any movies you want to see?
I want to see Narnia and Brokeback Mountian...Heath Ledger is in it...enough said! ;)

4 comments:

tomama said...

Oh no. Sending healthy vibes your way.

nancy said...

Unlike you, I am so not looking forward to the routine starting up again on Monday. I am loving our rather slack schedule these days...but I DO wanna get my fat ass back into shape. I just have NO willpower. Sigh.

Movie? What's that? You mean at home in my jammies? Or in a theater?? OK kidding...over the holidays I was able to go see The Rocket with my father...for obvious reasons. I loved it.

Running2Ks said...

I hope you feel better soon. Movies....maybe later :)

I'm glad THE BOYFRIEND is a good guy!

andrea said...

Yes! I have wanted to see Capote and hubby and I finally went last night. It was great. I totally recommend it.