About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A meme because I can't think too much today

Yes I'm taking a break from my daughters life (which seems to be ok for now) just to do something fun and less stressful.

I seen this over at Nancy's and Dani's I think it looks like fun. Maybe I've even answered this before but I'll try to be inventive.

Four jobs I’ve had
1. Worked in a photo processing store.
2. Ran my own daycare when Miranda was young. Had 3 girls.
3.Artist and still want to be that one
4.Fashion Coordinatior for Weekenders (Sounds important ;) )

Four movies I've could watch over and over
1. A Knights Tale
2. Pirates of the Carribean
3. Chicago
4. White Christmas

Four places I’ve lived
1. the womb
2. My parents
3. 1 km down the road from my parents
4. Right now Next door to my parents...I never did live anywhere else.

Four TV shows I love
1. E talk daily
2. Corner Gas
3. CSI when I get to watch
4. What NOT to Wear

Four places I've been on vacation
1. Alberta 3 times
2. Winnipeg 2 x's
3. maritimes 2 x's
4. Chicago and Boston

Four blogs I visit daily
Nancy, Dani, Anna, and now Twinmom All woman I know personally and I love to death...

Four Favorite Foods
1. Pasta any type
2. Steak BBQ on my back deck by Jack
3. scalloped potatoes YUMMM!
4. Anything someone else cooks.

Four places I'd rather be - this is hard because I am where I want to be.
1. at a day spa paid for by someone who loves me.
2. Sitting by a lake in August on the dock at a really cool cottage reading a good book and having a glass of wine and munchies
3. Seeing a play any where in the world and One of Miranda's!
4. Movie with my kids and hubby here at home or at the Theater and dinner out.

Four CDs I listened to most recently
Have a Nice Day - Bon Jovi
5 days in July - Blue Rodeo
Stunt - Barenaked Ladies
Retrospective - Supertramp I'm not sure this is it's name but it has a tone of their songs on it.
Allof which I got for Christmas (ok the last one is Miranda's but she's at school)

Last four vehicles I’ve owned
1980 GMC pickup that Jack had when we met (I've never paid for one myself)
1985 Volkswagon Jetta diesal (we bought this for jack to go to work and then we had Miranda and so then we got ME...
1985 Volks wagon Jetta Gas
2000 Volks wagon Jetta Diseal Which I drove when I PG with Nathan tille we bought me
2001 Dodge Caravan

OK It's more than 4 and there is another one in there somewhere But I 'm purposely leaving it out. ;)

So this is 4 of me and it's time for me to go off and workout. Still trying to get into shape.

SQOB
Give me 4 things that you like about yourself?
I like my legs (Well the calves it's all I got left)
I like my that I'm not as shy as I used to be.
I like that I not as needy as I once was.
I like that I can stand up for myself and my kids with out dieing of embarssement.

13 comments:

nancy said...

My feet.
My kids.
My life.
My earrings.

twinmomplusone said...

my legs
the skin on my face
my kids
my positive outlook
my love for knowledge

oops that's five...

Silver Creek Mom said...

Cheater!

LOL

Sunny said...

cool.... 4 things ...

*I look ALOT younger than I really am
*I am comfortable being by myself
*I am low maintainence
*I adapt well to situations

Marla said...

*my eyes
*my sense of humour
*the traces of herself my daughter leaves on me
*my...wow...harder than I thought...um, thick hair.

nancy said...

Sharon - we really have to help you with your Ben Mulroney obsession. Canadian Idol and now E Talk Daily...calling a therapist I know...

Silver Creek Mom said...

BEN MULRONEY - Now there one I didn't even see.

You may have a point. He's funny, he's not bad looking, but I can't get over the way he talks..>Sorry nope no obsession here. LOL
YOUR GOOD!

Running2Ks said...

Pirates movie, yes. BNL, yes!

4 things:
I like that I homeschool the kids
That I'm vegan
That I'm working on being healthy
That I like to write

Running2Ks said...

Oh, and hey--next time you are in Chicagoland, look me up!

BeachMama said...

Hmm, 4 things that I like:
-that I am tall
-my little "J" and the hubby that goes with him ;)
-my eyes
-my ability to bake :)

Atkins Guy said...

From what I can see, not many blogs talk about stuff like trace adkins mooning and that is sad. I think your blog is great that way.

keep it up.

nancy said...

Last TUESDAY? and you are giving ME grief about my less than timely posts???

Bah!

andrea from the fishbowl said...

Me?

* I like my b00bs (!)
* my eyes
* my sense of humour
* that my kids have turned out pretty good so far :)