About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I can't remember when

It can't be old age can it? I should rephase that, it can't be middle age can it?

I can't remember when I felt good all day. I'm tired it seems all the time. Every day, no matter how much sleep I get. Grant you I don't get a full night sleep and haven't in years.

I can't remember the last time I went out and partied all night...Ok I can it was NYE.

Although I do remember feeling good till about a year ago. I was exerciseing all the time and had lots of energy and now it seems like it's a effort to put the workout shoes on and do anything. My dishes are an effort and I own a dishwasher. I have to nap in the afternoon most days or drink coffee. Myabe it's my eyes they seem tired all the time.

While I write I'm redailing to make a Doctors appointment for a physcial.
THEY HUNG UP ON ME! And now the phone is off the hook.
I'll try again.
Yup still busy...AND there is no way all the lines are that busy. Sigh.
No wait I'm not giving up I'll try again.
OMG they answered! (this is after 1/2 an hour of trying to get through and getting a busy signal)
Shit now I'm on hold while I type this. (15 min later)
What April 3rd at 3? You've got to be kidding!
Oh well At least it's a start I'm to tired to argue.
I can't live like this. I need some energy.

SQOB
Any advise on how to get make my step lively again? No reason to feel like this at 42...I have 50 more years to go through at least. Anyone know I herb I can try? Please?

4 comments:

nancy said...

I have a multi-vitamin that was recommended to me that really helped me...will find it and email you.

Hang in - just think of all the 'catching' up you can do on napping and working out starting in September.

andrea from the fishbowl said...

I think a multi-vitamin might be a good start. What's the rest of your diet like?

RE: exercise. I know where you're coming from. It's hard to get motivated. That being said, start small and slow. Take a 30 minute walk every other night after dinner.

I find that if I don't get enough exercise I start to feel like a vegetable, and very tired. And i'm not talking about a cardio-workout either. Get your body moving again and I think you'll start feeling great.

BeachMama said...

Get out of the house.

Not sure if this could be your difficulty, but I find if I spend too much time in my house, I feel like that. The weather was showing signs of improvement and I was able to get out for a few walks with the dogs over the last week or so and it certainly made me feel better. Sometimes just a trip to the bookstore to watch some trains and have a coffee is all I need to make it through the day :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

I try to take a multi vitamin I'm going to have to work on that one. I should get out more. I'm Lazy when I have nothing to do but when I do I go like crazy. My diet is pretty good although my portion are out of control...I love good food. NOT high fat food just food. LOL!

I should walk. It's easier in the summer than it is right now. NO Street lights out here and I'm a big Chicken. LOL! I'll work on going during the day although Nathan is slow.