About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm dry and ranting

After the month of Januarury being the turmoil it was things are back to a nice happy place around here. I HAVE NOTHING TO BLOG ABOUT! I'm sure Feburary is just trying to lull me into a false sence of security before Wham! it hits the fan again.

The biggest thing around here is Valentines Day. What used to be a simple day has turned so commericalized thatPeople spend tons of money for their loved ones. Why? to show there love. I rather you showed your love around here by picking up a few things every day. NOW THAT"S LOVE! It's a holiday for card makers, Chocolate factories, and the flower industry; their Biggest day of their year. It's a corny holiday in my books. Maybe if I did s survey I turn out to 1 % romantic. I'm sure there is one out there. Too lazy to look.

There is NO way I can get Jack a romantic card and seriously give it to him. I would just sit there and snicker. LIKE I love the guy but SOB I not telling him in a card. Even on birthdays I get him a funny card. And I know people who take this so seriouly that they get the mushiest card on the planet and stand there waiting for a teary reaction. Jack's Mom. I can hardly get through it without gagging. I told him to stop buying me roses on that day. They put up the prices so outragously that I would rather use to money to do something fun, and they never open anyways. Just wilt and die. I 've told him to buy them on other days but I guess he missed that part. And I don't need all the chocolate ...we just got through Christmas and all that I had then. Just lost that weight don't want to have to start again.

Now for the first time in her life Miranda has to think about what to get "her guy" for Valentines day. She has been racking her brains and has come up with this. She is going to T's house on Sunday and is going to get his Mom involed in this. She is going to the Dollar Store and getting him an eye patch and a Pirate Sword and his mom is to put it by his bed in the morning. Then he has to follow a pirate map to find HIS Treasure. Apparently he loved playing pirates when he ws MUCH MUCH younger. And then he goes to school to get his Last Gift. A big Kiss from her. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I have to give the girl kudos for such a imaginative way of giving him something. ;)

Well I guess I'm off to do that weekly task of buying food to feed the hoard in this house. I hate shopping for food. It would be so much easier If someone else did it.

Here's a Valentine song Kids used to sing

Good morning to you, valentine;
Curl your locks as I do mine---
Two before and three behind.
Good morning to you, valentine.


SQOB
What do you like to get for Valentine's day?
What I really want for Valentines day is someone to cook for me. Is that too much to ask? Or Timmy's gift certifcates. NOW those I would LOVE!

http://www.itlnet.net/Story.asp%3FxID%3D13

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Me- I love getting something special- like a body massage with lotion. Or if I get chocolate- I like getting just one or two pieces of really GOOD chocolate- like Godivas instead of a box of so-so chocolate. Give it to me after dinner with a cup of good coffee and SHARE it with me.

BeachMama said...

I love just being thought of on that day! It doesn't have to be anything special, just a little something to show that I am thought of :)

We also stay in now and have a nice dinner with something chocolatey gooey for dessert!

Anna

nancy said...

We don't ever 'do' anything on V.D. for same reasons you list - they hike the prices and a little too commercialized for us. That being said, I usually try to at least shave my legs. (wink)

twinmomplusone said...

VD is not a big deal here for hubby and I but for the kids we usually do a little something sweet, like a chocolate fondue with LOTS of fruit ;)
Hubby is not very romantic but he usually gets me a mushy/funny card and a small box of really good chocolate. I practically never get him anything.

What I would like: an afternoon at the spa and come back home and supper is cooked and the table set. One can only dream!!