About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Road rage and Bad drivers

OK...I'm pretty patient when it come to driving. I don't usually get too mad when someone cuts me off. I look the other way when someone doesn't wait there turn at a four way stop. I even put up with tailgators because I slow way the F down so they either pass me or can't hurt my kids too much if they do hit me. I get FURIOUS with my hubby when he drive off like a manic after someone who has done something to him. Saying just let it be. BUT After two days OUT I'm furious with all the fucking (sorry language) idiots out there! Yesterday was cut off, blown the horn at because I happen to be doing the speed limit and that was not fast enough. I was cut off more times than I can care to count. I hate being passed on the highway and cut off justto use the next exit. Like staying behind for 2 mins is too much for ya?

Today was not much better. I was given the finger for taking my turn at a 4 way stop. Now 4 way stops are not rocket science people! You stop and the person on right goes then the in front and then the left...But the guy behind the guy on the left ran it! And his passenger gave me the finger. 40 year old men in a fucking hurry to get to the bar. My 4 year old asked what kind of a wave was that. So I drove up behind him and said " Guess 4 way stops are too hard for you to understand on a Friday afternoon. And YOU have to give the 4 year old in the back seat a lesson on what finger to use to wave? " And drove away! NOW I don't like confrontation at all, but you risk the life or threaten to hurt my child and watch out! All HELL Might break loose! I have to admit Nathan gave me a time out for swearing! Well he was a fucking Idoit!

SO If your the guy with the finger. Better look at what your doing before you give it!

SQOB
What drive you insane in traffic?

8 comments:

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

I'm sorry...was that you? If you would have just sped up a little..... ha ha

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

SCM....Where exactly is Silver Creek anyway? What Province?

Silver Creek Mom said...

Mark ...I live out int he country and it has a little creek running through it called Silver Creek, You won't find it on any map.

I live in the Province of Quebec. OUI la Belle Province! Je ne parle pas francias mais ma fille et mon marie on parlez. I think that's right. Don't hit me if I'm wrong. I told you I don't speak french well.

Darn Wish I did!

Hope said...

I was wondering the same thing, "Silver Creek" sounds so quaint.
1)My big peeve with drivers, those that tailgate, crowd and passon the highway. The same ones are waiting at the red light about 2km up ahead, oblivious to the fact that all the cars stopped behind them are the ones they passed @ 130km/hr.
2) People that speed up when you signal to lane change. It's like, you ain't gettin ahead of me!
3) I always smile and wave when given the finger. It annoys them and makes me feel superior.They don't need to know what was goin thru my head.

Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO!

Good one Hope...and Mark if that was you..Watch out! I may be short but the power is DOWN here!

;)

BeachMama said...

Isn't this the same time of year you were nearly run off the highway by a semi???

The city region where we live has been rated as the "worst drivers" in Canada!!! I see it every day, I watched a woman spin out taking a turn too fast yesterday, it wasn't even a sharp turn, she just didn't factor in the snow and ice that was blowing over the road. Thankfully, she did not hit anyone!

nancy said...

Didn't you have an issue with a tractor or something one day last year??

Silver Creek Mom said...

That was 2 years ago and YES were being tailgated and he tried to run off the road. (2ndary hwy) Never heard anything fromthe police about that one. ONE Of the worst experiances of my life.

SIGH! I guess I've had a few. BUT I have been driving 23 yrs now.