About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Girls Night Out!

Yes people I went out last night and had supper with some of my most favorite people in the Universe. It was a great time to catch up, hear the lastest on what everyone is doing and share a few laughs , ok quite a few.
(Hi Anna, Hi Twinmom, Can't believe you drove here just for supper Northren Mom. Where were you Dani? Missed you Nancy)

As I was sitting there last night eating laughing and talking and commiserating I was thinking how dull my life would be without these people. And horror of horrors; I met every single one through a Chat room or Public boards on the internet. These ladies know more about me than most of my family and even my parents. (sad I know) They come from all walks of life, all incomes, and we all have one thing in commom, we wanted kids so much we would do anything to have them. Some are divorcing (sadly they are having a rough time) Some are Pregnant again, some just had new babies, some are renovating, actaully alot are. We all get along pretty well and really enjoy the company of one another. We even go away together for the weekend here and there. And we LOVE It. And of course we all talk about ... your guess it! OUR KIDS!

We all agree we don't get together as often as we used to. We all agree that we should, but life has taken us in different directions. I don't what the hell we would do if one was to move away far away. We would still have email but it's not the same. I know if I didn't have the daily emails from these ladies I would be bored to tears and maybe get more housework done...Nah!

Here's to you ladies! Until next time we get together and CHAT!
I even came home with a COOL Disco ball so when I have a sleigh ride again I can really boogie with the kids! Thanks ANNA! Your one great lady!

10 comments:

nancy said...

YOu know, if my hubby's travel schedule would ever let him be at home, I'd have been there. I am SO impressed Northern Mom went!! That's a HUGE surprise! What fun.

Now email me the dirt.

Silver Creek Mom said...

I would but I have to get prettied up for G & S...I call after I get back though can you wait till almost 4?

BeachMama said...

Dirt, there is no dirt ;)

Great Time, and I expect to see the disco ball in use ;)

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I love to get together with girlfriends.I am getting together this weekend for a fondue and gab session with some. Glad you had a great time.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Next time you go out..can u take some high quality pix of the food and publish them please....I am desparate!

Hope said...

You gotta love it when you can get your favorite yaya's together. Funny how commonalities can be the beginning of great friendships

Silver Creek Mom said...

Just for you Mark...Only for you!

LMAO!

twinmomplusone said...

driving there I was thinking how odd to have as best friends people I met online, yet how warm they all make me feel, how I can truly be who I really am around them, how I feel so comfortable and liked/loved by them, how blessed I really am. We learn so much from each other, we help each other emotionally go thourgh our daily lives as moms. And there are times when I think of how wmuch more I could do without all thi, be more fit, my house more in order, fancier meals prepared but this is my self-indulgence and these women are too important to me. Funny how life works.

hugs to you all, who were there and those who weren't

twinmomplusone said...

by all this I meant spending so much time on this computer

Marla said...

jealous jealous jealous.

Am working on Blogfest 2006 for sure now.