About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Little Weight Humour.

Since I am in that ever present struggle to loose a few pounds (ok 30 but let's take it one at a time) I thought I would put up some cartoons I seen that are too funny and hit home to me.

Also I've join This Weight loss Blog as a support system. http://incredibleshrinkingblogger.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!


Weight Watchers

A friend and I had joined a Weight Watchers group. At the first meeting the lecturer asked members which food or department at the supermarket was the most tempting to them. One man confessed that Chinese egg rolls were his greatest weakness, and a woman said she found it almost impossible to resist anything chocolate. Finally it was my friend's turn. Taking a deep breath, she announced, "Aisles two, three, four and five."


It's time to diet and exercise when...

...you try to do a few push ups and discover that certain body parts refuse to leave the floor.
...your children look through your wedding album and want to know who Daddy's first wife was.
...you get winded just saying the words "six-kilometre run."
...you come to the conclusion that, if God really wanted you to touch your toes each morning, He would have put them somewhere around your knees.
...you analyze your body honestly and decide what you should develop first is your sense of humour.
...you step on a talking scale and it says, "Come back when you're alone."
...to you, "Itsy-Bitsy Teenie-Weenie Yellow Polka dot Bikini" and "The Impossible Dream" become the same song.
...you accept the fact that you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but not while you're wearing a bathing suit.



Bathroom Scales

Bathroom scales: equipment which only seems to work correctly when one holds on to towel rail, stands on one foot and leans hard to the left.

Diets & Dying

Here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.
The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
CONCLUSION:Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

SQOB
What to you do to try to stay healthy and in shape? Or what would you like to do?



7 comments:

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Love the cartoons! I have gone through a ton of scales. Many ran to the window and plummeted to their deaths when they saw me coming....the one I have now just laughs whenever I step on it.....it just says..."keep going fat boy!"

Silver Creek Mom said...

Mine says "and what do you excpect to see...a Drop...BAHAHAHAHA! Keep wishing honey!"

moe said...

HA HA HA!

Today in my circuit training class, the instructor was talking about doing some excercises at home. She asked can anyone name five of the stations that you could do at home? One lady said "The fridge, the sofa..."

Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO! Moe...that's priceless!

Northern Mom said...

I think I'd like a treadmill. I think if I could watch TV and exercise I might actually do it!
Great cartoons

BeachMama said...

Love the cartoons!! I try everything ;) Ok, right now, I am trying everything to stay healthy and in shape. I am eating healthier (except the jelly beans I ate yesterday) taking walks and trying to overall just be more healthy. Like northern mom, I would love a treadmill at some point to keep my walking going through the winter when the roads are bad and the wind is blowing at -30.

Oh, yes, and we have two scales. Mine and Hubby's. There is a 10lb difference between his and mine, I like mine more :)

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

SCM- in reference to your questions regarding a couple of my posts...the answers are Dick Cheney and Days of Our Lives......my wife loved Another World....watches the reruns on Soapnet sometimes...