About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A MEME A MEME!

Picture Sharon skipping around the room. I don't have to think much today. Yippee

Got this over at Marla's and I'm gonna use it!

Now watch I may lie. One never knows! See if you can find them.

Accent(s):
I really don't have much of an accent there baby. I talk just fine thank you very much. Eh.

Booze of Choice:
All of them. Ok OK I will narrow it down. First off I drink RED wine. I make red wine and I love it. I like a good Carbinet Sauvignon. I like Vodka coolers and on a really hot day on the back deck I will drink a ice cold beer, but it's not my fav. I like Silver Creek lager.


Chore I Hate:
The SHOWER. Gosh that thing never stays clean. Then there is the toilet. Then there is the laundry. And then their is washing windows and ironing, and dishes in and out of the dishwasher and then Cleaning out old food from the Refigdierator and then ......

Dog or Cat:
I have 2 dogs and abosultely LOVE cats. I want to have one but I know my dogs would not be kind to it.

Essential Electronics:
COMPUTER! I could not live without it. And my CD player. How would I play Kalan and Jon if I didn't have one?

Favorite perfume(s)/cologne(s):
OH I LOVE THIS STUFF! I love Charlie. And wear it so strong that you can smell me coming down the street. I just don't like to smell like BO.

Gold or silver:
Silver ALL the way. Although my rings are Gold I Love Silver. Gold fades away on my skin tone.

Hometown:
Buckingham Quebec is the closest town to where I grew up and now live.

Insomnia:
I sleep like a log baby! No problem there and I can sleep anytime anywhere.

Job Title(s):
Current: Mom to Miranda and Nathan, Wife to Jack, Coordinator for Weekenders, Friend to millions.

Previous (in reverse chronological order): Libriaian, Artist, Photo processor ( I printed pictures) Pole Dancer, Farmer, Apple Tree Pruner, Secratray for an Insurance adjuster, Seamstress., Auto body repair. World renowned Author under a sydonym.

Kids:
2 of my own but surrgote mom to teens.


Living Arrangements:
I live with the Hubby the kids 2 dogs and a few cows , but I don't let them come in the house. In a house I built with the hubby in the coutry that is turning into a subburb. SAD but true.

Most Admired Trait: You tell me. Like I would know. Geessh.

Number of Sexual Partners:
lately? 1
over the years : A few

Overnight Hospital Stays:
Both kids and the many surgeries I had to get PG. And two to save my life fron Blowing a tube. (great English huh?)

Phobia(s):
Feathers, Have you see "the Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock? Scared the shit out of me and I still don't like them tooo close.

Quote(s):
I don't know who said it but "If you fall down 10 times get up 11. " I try to live my life like that.

Religion:
Raised Roman Catholic go to the the Luthuran but I'm not a member. Don't intend to join.

Siblings:
2 brother and 2 sisters, so 4

Time(s) I Wake Up:
when Nathan gets up.

Unusual Talent/Skill:
How the hell would I know what is unusal. LIKE I'm soooo NORMAL! I can bend over and touch the palms of my hands to the floor without bending my knees. If I've drivin to some place ONCE I can usually make my way back with no problem. EVEN 15 years later.


Vegetable(s) I Refuse To Eat:
Brussel sprouts. BUT If you serve them to me I will scarf them down just to be polite. And tomatoes.

Worst
I always end up saying something oh so unintelligent and embrassed the heck out of me. SAd but true.And I bite my nails on my left hand when I'm driving. No clue why.

X-rays:
Once or twice and at the dentist.

Yummiest Food I Make:
Sex on the beach. OH Not drink...I make a mean cheesecake, and Chicken Cordon blue. I make a mean steak and I'm great at boiled eggs.

Zodiac Sign:
Leo. /Virgo I was born on the cupsid day so it depends on my mood.

SQOB
Pick out my spelling mistakes. I don't have time to correct, so I'll make you work.

7 comments:

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Your a Canadian Woman? Oh no! (just kidding) Thanx for the post, now I know alot more about the REAL you......unless this is secretly one of the tricks where half of these things are not true.....hmmmmm It gets hot in Quebec? What is hot up there? 75 (f)? Ha ha

nancy said...

Pole dancer?? Never knew you were Polish.

BeachMama said...

LOL, nancy, I saw the pole dancer too! It would be a hoot if it was true, you could teach us a few things ;)

Silver Creek Mom said...

That's one of the lies. No Nancy I'm not polish! LMAO! There are a few more, but you might have to know me pretty well to get the rest.

I did do Belly dancing for a couple of years as exercise. It was amazing and I wasn't half bad, although I was abit smaller at the time.

Marla said...

Thanks for my laugh of the day, Nancy (with Sharon's help)!

Um, do you really have cows? Because I like cows a lot - not just to eat, I mean. They have such nice eyes.

Silver Creek Mom said...

yes we do. Really and for true, and they are not mine, we rent our farm to my FIL and he keeps cows here over winter and some in the summer. You shold come by sometime I'd love to show you. (And drink on the back deck) I'd even put you up over night. I have room.

Silver Creek Mom said...

OH and Mark...75 is comfortable but we do get up to the mid 90's not 100 like you.