About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I think I'm done

Yup. After much altering, (Yes Miranda is that freakin' small), I think I have the top fitted enough to look good on stage. First it was way to big, I knew that it would be, then I took it in and it was almost right but not hanging right. Then her Undergarment was showing, then I took it in too much and the snaps were pulling and finally I got it right. Iit's hard to make something for her when she is not her to try it on as I sew. I'm not a great seamstress but I make do. Man it took forever, and she needs it for the cast pictures tomorrow. SIGH. Although yesterday I sat out on my back deck with a good friend and our two boys played in the mud and got filthy! I spent most of the time talking and sewing on the snaps. So I pick Miranda up tonight and get the directors Okie dokie and I'm done. Please let me be done. LOL! I want to move on to other stuff. I can't wait to see her fully garbbed in the skirt, top, apron and fishnets and pumps. She should be cute. But not too cute. I don't need all the Men in the audience asking for her autograph, if you know what I mean.

Nathan's white socks were black...Darn should have taken a picture. At one point the were pouring water down rocks and telling one or the other to stand underneathe it and SHOWER. Should have heard the giggles. It was priceless. (Note the water was missing them completely but they thought it was fun)

Did I mention last week Nathan finally did a full gym. He had a hoot! I think we've finally broken through. Woo hoo! Here's some pictures of my water bug.


Hi MOM! Look I'm swimming!

Well people laundry awaits and I still have some finishing to do on the hats of Miranda Costume.

SQOB
What do you want to know about me? I may not answer if it Don't want it out there but ya never know. Give it a shot.

5 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Your costume looks great! I often wish I had the patience to sew but I don't it just leads to an instant bad mood when I sit at a sewing machine.

BeachMama said...

Hurray! I am glad you are done!! We had lots of fun yesterday too, I didn't dare bring out the water there was enough mess with the sand alone :)

nancy said...

I am so sad that I don't know how to sew, maybe one day?

Nathan looks great swimming! Don't you just get full of warm fuzzies when you see them so proud of themselves?

Silver Creek Mom said...

Yes! Yes I do. To the point that I tear up.

I love it!

twinmomplusone said...

3 hoorays:

--great sewing job, congrats
--enjoying a beautiful day with a good friend
--Nathan in the pool