About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm Not a happy person today

I don't think this will be a long post.

I feel exhausted. I haven't slept in two nights. I'm emotionally drained to the point I can barely move.

Saturday after Mir's reheresal I pick her up and I could tell right away she was upset. She doesn't feel good enough for her boyfriend. I guess they haven't seen each other much and she is going through a low self esteem period. She cried all the way home. I hate to see her like this. She is so beautiful but she can't see it. All she can see is how Handsome her boyfriend is and that he could have anyone so why is he dating her. I said everything but I can't seem to make her come around. He called yesterday so she seemed ok last night, but still I can see she hates the way she looks right now. OH how I don't miss being a teenager.

I can't find the freakin' hat I made for the play...Loverly!

I took her to see another friends hockey game, they lost, but she was glad to be out and about. He was sweet to her and told her now matter what don't doubt her looks she is sooo pretty and he wants to have a girlfriend just like her. (hummmmm?)

Yesterday I had a Presentation to do. It was an ok one. Better than none.

And when I got home the wind was taken out of my sails. A friend of mine has lost her 7 year old boy in a tragic car acciendent. He was her baby. I am sick with this. I don't know the details and all I can do is keep hugging my kids. I don't understand this at all, but I guess there is no way too.

Go hug your kids people, love them.

8 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Your blog brought tears to my eyes. Take care of yourself today.

DaniGirl said...

Oh Sharon, I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. Take care... there are sunnier days ahead.

BeachMama said...

Hugs Sharon

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Wise words. I shall do that as soon as they get home.

Your daughter sounds like she and my daughter are having a lot of the same issues. Having a teenage daughter is a REAL challenge.

Marla said...

I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time, and for Miranda too. I cannot imagine losing your child that way - how sad.

Warm wishes that all the rough road will soon be behind you.

twinmomplusone said...

hugs from me too Sharon

Hope said...

I am so sorry. Cannot, will not comprehend the sadness. But i send pryers.

AGK said...

So so so very sad... :(