About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm a rambling mess

I look like one too.
My hair needs a cut.
I look like a wild woman.
Honest.
I've been stuck in the house for 2 days now.
Rain yesterday and cold today.
My eyes are itchy, allergies strike again.
I've been sick with a cold ...but you knew that.
I'm nervous for Miranda's first performance (you'd think she was on broadway the way I'm acting)
It's cold outside and I should be working in my flower beds or raking grass or something.
But I hate working when it's that windy.
I feel like a caged animal.
I need to send out invites to my open house for Weekenders in May.
Worked on them this afternoon, not done but close.
T's Mom has not gotten back to Miranda about T's 16th birthday the party.
Which is here.
It's driving me mad.
I just like KNOW what's going on.
It's a dinner party or just a get together.
I don't care I just want to know and prepare.
How many are coming and they should be invited this week for the weekend after this.
I can't wait to see the play tomorrow night and I can't wait to hear how dress reheresal went tonight.
She won't be home till 8:30.
When she got home last night she ate, did homework and went to bed.
We didn't even have our chat.
BOY Am I going to miss that when she moves out.
Hopefully not anytime soon.
Funny I wasn't this worked up about it last year.
Maybe it's because I love the play and she is a main character.
Not a big one but still she has lines and sings.
I guess it's because I know how she feels about her singing that I'm so nervous.
She feels the cast is not ready to perform, but time has run out.
BUT they always blow the audience away when it comes to crunch time.
My bleeding hearts are up and the flower beds are springing to life.
It's a good feeling.
I want to feel the warm summer air.
Can't wait to put together my screen doors that arrived on the weekend.
I'm gonna stain them red.
And if I don't like it, I'll change the colour.
I've wanted screen doors for 15 years.
Happy Mothers day to me.
Maybe I'll go and kick a scoccer ball around with Nathan.
Do me and him some good.
Told you I was a rambling mess.

SQOB
What's rambling around in your head?

4 comments:

nancy said...

I love red!!!

SQOB re: basement floor - carpet? or wood-like laminate?

tomama said...

I'm all need the hair cut too.

SQOB -- why is the damned skylight leaking again?

twinmomplusone said...

yeah for the screen doors!!

SQOB--keeping the next 72 hours organized for everyone, lots of different activiites going on, gotta buy some presents for kids' bdays they were invited to, what to make for supper? the usual stuff really :)

BeachMama said...

YAY for the screen doors!! Hope you feel better for the play. And I hope the performance is awesome. And how great are you to host T's birthday party!!! You Rock!