About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yup! It's Offical!

I'm DONE, Miranda's costume. Now I can claim the dining room table back. The Director LOVED the outfit and it is not too risqué.

It's Raining here today. I love Rain in April, so much better than snow. It's getting rid of the last of the snow in the sand box and around the swings so Nathan can swing. He wants to so badly badly. He's asked me to help him dig out the sand box and get the swings seats down. I keep telling him to be patient the rain will take it, and it is. I remember when Jack built that swing and I worried about where to put. DUH...Did I forget that it was my HUBBY building it. It took up the whole area. So I needed have worried. It has 6 bag of cement holding the structure down and if you perchance happened to want to life a motor out of your car, well you can it's strong enough for that.

Last week our Fire pit looked like this.


Now there is no snow left anywhere in that area. So we could have a fire any time. I love evening fires. Sitting chatting and enjoying the night.



The Last day of March is when these pictures where taken. Nathan was wandering around in his shirt sleeves because we hit an unusual high of 23 C or somewhere in the 70's F. Its been cold since and yesterday it warmed up again.

Well I better ramble off. I don't have much to say these days. Just know I'm smiling and Happy and looking forward to alot of nice weather back deck sitting and drinking the odd ICE cold beer or two. Minus a few bugs. Better get me a screened porch or something.

6 comments:

moe said...

So... Do we get to see the costume?

BeachMama said...

Yay, no more snow!! We have been snow free (completely) for a little more than a week now, but we don't have the swings yet. Enjoy a cold one or a cuppa today as it is chilly ;)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Yes Moe It's in a lower post. BUT I want to take a picture of her it in while on stage. To get the full effect.

So You'll have to wait abit for that.

Hugs

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Wanna Trade? It is 93 (f) right now down here....a little snow looks pretty good. Happy Easter!

Silver Creek Mom said...

Nope Mark Sorry...Love this time of year...Not hot and NO BUGS!

Hoppy Easter back at ya buddy!

Hope said...

Beautiful Spring!
Enjoy