About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

6 minutes

That's all it took.
And I didn't enjoy it in the least.
At least if I'm going to get screwed let me enjoy it.
And it's not the first time.

Usually things don't bother me, could be the time of the month but boy was I steamed over this yesterday!

Remember the day when if you jumped in the car and went to the service station or gas station whatever you want to call it (I personally want to call it fuck you station) and you knew the price of gas was the same as the day before? Hell the week before?
Remember that?

Remember when they would change the price of fuel in the morning or the evening and wouldn't change all FUCKING DAY?
Remember that?

Ok I guess I'm part of the problem...First off instead of buying another Diseal Jetta that I would have to fill once a month (and for some funny reason the prices of diseal does not jump all over the ficking place by the minute) with the amount of driving I do, I bought a van. BUT at the time I thought child number 3 was a possibabilty and we need a vechile that would hold all 3 kids and us...I was wrong.
And Yes I'm one of those people who drive all over to get the cheapest price.

So yesterday as I drove down the street where I usually fill up and the gas prices are usually the cheapest in town...all the stations were at 101.5 a litre. SO Iwent into my usual station and filled up. Sad that I missed the .95 a litre on Friday but that's another RANT! Cost me $55.00 and I was just under 1/2 a tank. NO where near empty. OK with this I drove over to Zellers pick up some tissues for my sick kids and got back in the van took me 6 minutes and drove by the same station....and WHAT may you ask was the price then

.99. 3 cents a litre.

OK it's only a couple of bucks on a tank but I can perdict with certainly the this price will change 3 or 4 more times during the day, Or every 6 minutes, so you have no fucking CLUE what the price of gas will be at any point during the day unless your blackberrying the prices as you drive down the fucking street.

Now you tell me to take the BUS...We have crappy bus service from our town to anywhere. I don't drive unless I have to. I try to carpool whenever possible so I kept emmsions down and I do drive the disel whenever possible it's better on the eviroment.

My next vechile better be a Hybrid.

Yes the prices here are no where near as bad as Europe but I don't care what they are, the point is keep the same fucking price all day long !

And get this I was told buy a guy who works at a FU Station that if there is no one at the pumps they are to put the price down to get people in...SO There is why things change so much. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I better go before I burst a brain cell.

SQOB
What bursts your bubble beside teenagers, rude people and gas prices?

10 comments:

Hope said...

1.09 out here honey. Alberta, where it all comes from. It will jump for the long weekend. Cost me 30.00 to drive my son to one soccer game last week. As we live in the country,I'm hooped. Unless i my myself a horse, I'm paying thru the nose.
Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Silver Creek Mom said...

That's what it is in my small town I drive to ottawa to get cheaper prices...Quebec taxes thing to the liven end!

nancy said...

At least you are in the close to Ontario part of Quebec cause here is it 1.12. Always know that is it 10 cents cheaper where you are from where I am.

Does that help?

Silver Creek Mom said...

It's not the price that bothers me..ok yeah it is...it's that they change them every 10 minutes for no fucking reason other than to suck you into the place.

Sad ain''t it.

DaniGirl said...

Lovely suburban Barrhaven has gas at a stellar 85.7 cents a litre right now - almost worth the drive over here just to fill it up!!

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Last night at about 9:50 p.m. I was driving through Stittsville and there was alot of traffic around the gas staion. I looked up and saw the price was 83 cents. Worth waiting in line for.

Silver Creek Mom said...

yeah but what was it this morning and WHY did it go down so much and what was it an hour later...


JERKS all of them.

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I think everytime I look at gas prices I will think of your blog about fluctuating prices.

nancy said...

We will never see it less than a buck here. I am sadly convinced of that.

BeachMama said...

I hadn't heard that excuse before! Be thankful, the tankful here in Regina is costing 1.09 and apparently that is cheap right now.. they are next door to Alberta! There is a refinery just down the street!! AGH!