About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Beelima

Yes it's that time of year again...for us.

Spring is in the air the trees are leafing and flowering and tulips and dandiloins abound.

AND BEE SEASON HAS BEGUN!

Last summer Nathan was stung by a wasp for the first time. He ended up in the hospital for 4 days right before his Birthday.

Here's the story from last year ...bee's


Now I love flowers and I love to putter in my flower beds and I hang hanging baskets all around my deck. BUT this year I'm debating whether I should bother. Nathan is pretty good. He stays away from the bee's when he sees them even walking away. He's been told when picking danilions to watch for bee's . NOW apparently according to the allergist, he's just very senstive to bee's. He doesn't think it is a life threating allergy. BUT we have to take percautions anyways. Carry and epi pen and use it like he is. Till he reaches 6 and then we have him tested. So do I put flowers in my hanging baskets or something without flowers till we know for sure in a couple of year. I guess you know which one I'm going to pick. NO Flowers. Jack figures we should keep him covered and no sandles etc. BUT he's a kid. Shorts are fun. Sigh...what to do?

Just thinking out loud and It's a great excuse to go to the local nursery and see how inventive I can be with my planters.




4 comments:

BeachMama said...

Have you done any research on flowers that may not attract bees? There may be some out there that you can still plant and not worry so much.

I really hope you join us on Monday evening, I could use a good chat with you :)

nancy said...

I wish you as much of a bee-free summer as I can.

Fly away bees...be free...be free bee...

is it working?

Silver Creek Mom said...

I wish it was...bee's tend to bite more in August Spetemeber. So I'm making sure I get rid as many as I can before then. Taking out stuff where they can make nest...so much for aritistic design.

SIGH.

twinmomplusone said...

wishing you a bee-free summer!

no flowers, taht's rough, no shorts, even rougher for a little boy