About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Just because i'm too lazy to think of anything today.

Stole from Mark but I'm sure I've done it before.

40 years ago- I was 2 1/2 years old , living 1000 ft to the west of where I am sitting (no I'm not joking my parents live next door) Although I'm really still only 29. my Brother is about to be born, and I can't remember much else.

30 years ago - I was 12 and just finished my first year of high school. Living 1000 ft to the west of where I'm sitting. I was doing alot of baby sitting and was about to meet my first boyfriend. Sad day for all of us.

20 years ago- I was 22 and I had been married 3 years and was living about a 1km from here in an old farm house with jack. I was still going to Art school and we had just bought the porperty I am living on now. Plus I was working at a photo shop.

10 years ago- I was 32 and I about to realize we had fertilty issues. Miranda was 5 and my first ectopic was a year away. We had been living here 4 years. I was also babysitting other kids for the last 2 years and had just quit and was volunteering at the school and beginning to take over in the library.

5 years ago - I had fianlly gotten pg and about to have Nathan! After doing years of IF treatments I finally was going to have our little boy. Jack had just changed jobs to where he is now and is happier. Miranda is Just about to turn 11 and is having a hard time with being bullied at school. And had come in 2nd in her public speaking contest in the whole school Board.

1 year ago- that's too recent to talk about. If you do the math I was 41 and still at SAHM and Just started out in my Weekenders buiness and Miranda was about to start her first job. Still living right here.

Yesterday -Kissed Jack goodbye as he left for a 4 day Church convention, I went to the gorcery store alone, cut the grass with Nathan. Had a bunch of Miranda's friends over to work on a project for school. T came over and popped a bought lasagna in the oven for supper (first one I have never made myself) Watch a movie with the kids, put Nathan to bed on time, Talked to Jack, Made arranegments for tonight so I can go to my weekenders meeting. Talked to T's Mom who came to pick him up. Talked with Miranda and she choose to sleep in my bed and Nathan ended up there ar 2;30.

Today - I'm doing laundry. Figuring out what to make for supper. Maybe going to the bank and taking some pictures of where I live for Mark. Putting in an order and maybe just sit.

Tommorrow- I should go to Ottawa to by Jack a new shaver for his birhtday which is Thursday. Buy Nathan some new sock and a new swinsuit. Do some more laundry. Finish staining my screen doors, and I know there is lots of other stuff to do.

As the World turns here in Lochaber Ouest!

6 comments:

BeachMama said...

Can we start back only 30 years ago ;)?

Why were you mad you had been married 3 years at 22? I can't remember that one or is it just a typo?

I can't believe I have known you for 31/2 years already!!!!

Silver Creek Mom said...

LOL that's a sharonism again...it's supposed to be and...I changed it.

No spell check would catch that.

twinmomplusone said...

great post, will have to do a similar one one day!

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Great post but what the heck is a Lochaber Ouest? Is that an actual town name in some wierd Canuck dialect? Can't wait to see the pix!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»