About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SURPRISE !!!!!!

She did it!
She kept T from finding out about his Party.
He was sooo surprised he could only say HOLY SHIT! about a million times! We blew horns at him as he walked onto the porch at our house. It was a noisy arrival, BUT It was fun.

T with his guest after opening gifts!

It wasn't easy. One friend asked right in front of him about the party. He didn't hear...Thanks GOD!
Friday when I went to pick up Mir and two of T's guy friends to take the 3 of them shopping for T's birthday who walked out of the school first. T... he was getting picked up. Took us over an hour to figure out how to ditch him and get the boys in the car ( I didn't have the van, which would have made it easier to hide them tinted glass) I came up with leaving with Mir and coming back to pick up a book she forgot...ask T if he needed a ride he said NO...and then getting the other two to call and find out the parent that was supposed to pick them up forgot and I offered to drive them home. It worked.



The gang watching a power point presentation of Beauty and the Beast From T's Dad. They did alot of singing here.

And I must say I love having their friends over. They are a great bunch of kids. They break into song. (from Beauty and the Beast) The are polite, and they include Nathan in everything and play with him. I was sooo pleased. They had a blast with glow sticks and everyone brought eggs to have an egg fight. What a mess! They had a bonfire and talked about the play and had sooo much fun. And we had fun with T's parents , it was a blast all around.


Egg fight! YUCK! And yes I got egged right after this shot was taken...it was the birthday boy who threw it....Figures! LMAO!



Glow stick fun! They made me take pictures just for fun!


I didn't get the chance to talk with Miranda. I might let it pass. Things are better. I am not asking as many questions but I still ask. That will never stop. IF She starts to give me the cold shoulder, we are making a Timmy's run and we will talk!

But now I am prepared. She is not a bad kid I could not have asked for a better kid...I'm so proud of her and her sucess in school and in life. She is trying to grow up and doesn't want too, all at the same time. Hard being 15/16.

SQOB
Do you remember being 16?
I haven't done one of these in awhile so I thought I would ask. I do, but it was a rough year. I didn't seem to fit in with anyone so I spent that year mostly by myself. Joined the year book comittee and ended up being year book editor. It was the only bright spot in my life at the time.

3 comments:

nancy said...

Seems like a fun time! Great going on the glow sticks, as you know, big hit with us too.

twinmomplusone said...

So glad to hear the party turned out great! Sounds like a blast. And love the glow stick photos!!

BeachMama said...

Glad to hear the party was a success! The glow sticks are always a hit, my Mom keeps some in her drawer now, just for fun with the kids.

Nothing like surprising the birthday boy!

I do remember, it was a blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat :) (ok, maybe with a different boyfriend, or none at all!!)