About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, May 05, 2006

What did I do?

She just left for school.

I'm getting the cold shoulder.

I being glared at, at times.

I'm not even sure what I did wrong?

I guess she's just being a teenager but HONSETLY I can't remember one thing I did in the last couple of weeks to derserve this.

It hurts.

She was fine after the performances and I thought things were better, but I guess not.

I feel like an outsider in my daughters life.

I don't go in her room when she is not there. (maybe to put laundry on her dresser which is beside the door)

I don't download her emails anymore.

I'm trying not to ask as many questions anymore.

I just want to know how her day went.

She is so funny and makes me laugh when she tells me all the stuff that happens.

I asked her if she was having trouble with her boyfriend or any of her friends I get a no.

She won't even talk loud enough for me to hear and when I ask her to repeat she gets mad.

I see her laughing and joking with her friends and this is not the same girl I LOVE and live with.
She's happy with them. With me she immediately changes . Like someone flicked a switch.
I live with a sullen not happy person who avoids being in the same room as me and Walks out if I walk in.

It's not to say say doesn't talk to me, she does, it just at times I get this look and I know my girl well to know when she is mad at someone, and lately it's me.
I was hoping we could get through her teenager years without this but I guess not.

I'm not ready for this..

She does this to her father all the time. Now I totally understand how he feels.

I'm supposed to be herMOM a person that is there for her all the time and I don't know what to do.

I never had the relationship with my mom that I have strived so hard to create with her. I want to be there for everything. Or what she wants to tell me. I know there is no possible way I can be in everything, but get rid of the cold shoulder please.

I'm to drive her all over, BUT I barely get a thank you mom for going out of your way for me.

This Party for T is at OUR HOUSE and I feel like I'm interferring with the planning.

Somethings need to be done and I have to ask questions to know. Like how many people are coming and I get grouched or barely spoke too for that. IS that SOOO Wrong?

I get snarky comments when I ask anything , like I'm a little annoying child.

What did I do? I wish she would tell me. Then maybe we can work it out.

I miss my young lady. I love with all my heart. I guess I have to have it out with her.

Ask her what the cold shoulder is about and she can't tell me it's school stress.

It's not.

9 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

My daughter is behaving in the same manner these days. It's hard to leave her alone and not ask questions. I remember being like this with my mom as long as my favorite jeans were clean that's all that mattered. I will stand back but not to far away. I know my girl will return to me, maybe not as a little girl but a young woman. She knows in her heart I will always be here.

Marla said...

OUCH! I am not looking forward to this. I can't pretend to offer help or understand how to deal with something like this. If you find out what works, let me know so I can use it on Josie in a dozen or so years?

Take care.

Krazzy K said...

Well, there is something bothering her. And It might not be you. Don't think that.Usually in adolences, when something is wrong you push away the closes thing to you. I've done that a lot with my mother. I don't know why but it's really common. Something might be bothering her and she acts normal around her friends so they don't know something is wrong. But when she is at home in the most comfetable place, she can show something is wrong. Maybe she will get over it herself but maybe all you need to reassure her that your always there for her if she needs to talk. I hope this helps.
*Hugs**Kisses*

Shelley said...

My goodness, I could have written this about the last few weeks we've had! I get so tired of just being treated...like nothing. And the littlest one is starting to echo that same disdainful attitude.
It helps - a little - to realize that the reason I get all the crappy attitude is because she feels safe and secure enough to let that side of herself show with us. She knows we're going to love her anyway. But it's still hard to take!

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

This is MY daughter! This is so spooky! We are going through the exact same thing with Hannah right now! She will be 16 at the end of the month, IF she lives that long! I wish I knew what to tell you. My wife and I are both at our wits end because we both did not have phases like this when we were that age. Of course, the world today is a lot different than back when we were 15. I too don't know how to deal with her. It is a large part of my depression. Everything that she does and how she acts right now is in direct conflict to how we tried to raise her. We fear the same thing happening to Tyler. I hope things improve for ya'll, but take some comfort in knowing you are not alone. Feel free to e-mail me anytime, we can swap teenage daughter stories.

I will temporarily be at a new blog I started....depressedidiotlord.blogspot.com for awhile.

Have a great day!

twinmomplusone said...

oohhh sweetie, no fun, I'm just on the verge of entering that phase and get glimpses every now and then

you know that deep down she loves you and most probably has tons of stuff dancing around in her head troubling her right now, most of which has nothing to do with you I'm sure

hoping the party went well

hugs

Northern Mom said...

I'll have to call you soon..I'm having a block and can't get thoughts out right....
Hugs to you

moe said...

Don't let her slip away. Keep her close. Keep trying to talk. Maybe you can go shopping or do something she's like, go to lunch, go for a bike ride, involve her in the family.

Best of luck. I have a 15yo. I'm right there with you.

nancy said...

How did I miss this?? Bloglines never showed it.

I hope things are better. Can you not just ask her? What does she do? say?