About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Happy Sweet 16

16 years ago today, my life was forever changed.
You my dear Miranda arrived.
You made me smile like no one else has.
You are my first Born.
My dear sweet young lady who was never really a tomboy.
It seems like yesterday I was holding you and thrilled that I had a baby girl, now you're this beautiful smart young woman about to take off and lead her own path in life.
Scared yet all the same excited at the prospect.
I remember your first steps, your first word, your first day of school, (That was a tough one.) Your plays, Your speeches and school trips , awards. the friends you have made along the way. The firends that have faded away and the ones that are new and still around.

I couldn't have asked for a better kid.
Keep your love of learning.
Miranda keep your sense of humour and love of life and fun.
Aging is mandatory maturing is optional.
The road is bumping but they are only bumps that you can overcome. Don't make them mountians.
You make people around you happy. Make sure to make yourself happy too.

Happy sweet 16 sweetie.
We all love you.

Miranda and Tucker, MIR not happy

9 comments:

jo(e) said...

Happy Birthday Miranda!

nancy said...

Happiest of Birthdays Miranda!!!

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Ahh! To be 16 what a great age. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Teri said...

Happy birthday to Miranda.

I just discovered your blog and was sucked in by the beauty of the pictures of your home/neighborhood. I'll be back.

Krazzy K said...

Happy Birthday Miranda!
Sweet 16! Woot Woot, thats really something to celebrate. You can do so many things. Like drive A car insted of a tractor! lol

Hugs and Kisses to you!
Kels

twinmomplusone said...

you made me misty eyed SCM, well said

Happiest of birthdays Miranda, you deserve all the best.

And congrats on 16 years of motherhood SCM ;)

BeachMama said...

Oh Man. I had written a post and it disappeared. I hope Miranda had the best birthday ever and that she ate lots of sweets :)

Your love shines in your words, I hope she knows just how much she is loved.

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Miranda! 16 is a fabulous age to be!

Hope said...

a wonderful milestone.
Happy Bday!!