About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Look Who Arrived Last Friday.

DSCN0836.jpg
Our yearly batch of Chicks. Oh soo cute but Nasty!

DSCN0838.jpg


They weren't out of the box 20 minutes and I had to save one from being pecked to death.

Miranda took these pictures. Pretty good I say.

8 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

those are so cute sharon and that second picture is perfect, love it ;)

my kids would love to see those, will have to make a point to head out to your place before long

I remember receiving 3 chicks for Easter one year, we lived in an apartment in Montreal (nuts really and banned easter traditioon now I hope)
Boy did i love those things, had special shoe boxes set up for them like a little apartment with access from one box to the other. needless to say, they grew and grew. And one day i came home from school and they were gone...mom gave them to a neighbour who had them for supper. A very sad day :(

Silver Creek Mom said...

Awwww. How sad.

I hope you do make it out they begin to get feathers there soon.

Hugs

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Great pics!I guess that brood must have added some excitement when they arrived.

nancy said...

VERY exciting!! My guys would LOVE to chase those around your house? yard? barn?

Just like others, cute as babies, then they grow...and hey, mine used to bite me too!!

Dana said...

Eeeeeeeee! CHICKS!

I grew up near a chicken farm (the big huge kind with thousands and thousands of birds) and was always allowed to bring home a few chicks each year. They lived in our bathroom under a heat lamp until no one could stand the stench anymore - and then they "went back to be with their brothers and sisters".

So! Cute!

Hope said...

My ex sis in law raises them and it's always a challenge to keep them from harm (mostly from themselves and their own stupidity)
But I love those fresh eggs and plump chickens! I'll leave the raising to her.

BeachMama said...

Seeing those chicks reminds me of my "uncle's" farm in Delaware. He was really my Grandpa's best frient, but we called him Uncle and he had two houses of these chicks every summer.

Anonymous said...

OMG Sharon, these chicks so remind me of chicks my mom either incubated or our hen hatched each year on our hobby farm. The incubated hatched babies used to live in boxes in our living room under a light for the longest time. In the end they used to fly to the top of the box and hang out on the 'rim'. Once, there was a baby one who was so weak my mom attempted to nurse it back to health. This little one I took under my wing and one night, I snuck him to bed with me and when I awoke later...he was sqwashed on my nighty. I cried...alot and it still makes me sad to think of the poor little chick. Anyhow that is what baby chicks remind me of. I actually loan my baby fetal monitor thingy to my mom a few years ago and she tried to use it on her incubated eggs. My mom, gotta love her. Thanks for sharing! Emily will be SOO excited to see them tomorrow!

Donna