About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Photo Essay

Awhile back Mark of at Lord of the Idoits wanted to see where we all lived and instead of trying to pin point it on a map(it's too small to pin point) I thought I'd do a Photo Essay of what you see on my so called "street." Yes it's paved and it is named after a creek. It's not big and there are quite a few houses but I thought I'd give you the landmarks.



First off this is my house in the early morning in the summer...see no snow anywhere.


DSCN2349.jpg

This is what you see driving in my laneway...It's alittle tilted but I was in a hurry. AS usual. My parents live just on the other side of the trees to the right of the picture.

DSCN2367.jpg

This is Silver Creek. I used to play in this as a kid and some of the people who live close by this creek get there drinking water from it. Not us we live too far away( 500 meters) although it once went through the property I lived on.



The creek a little closer.


DSCN2344.jpg

Owww! AWWWW ! The stop sign at the corner. Yes it is just in french, they used to be in both OFFICAL Languages but I haven't seen that in Quebec in a while. The Blue sign tells you there is a Cross Country ski trail not too far.

DSCN2343.jpg

This is sign with my area written on it. Montée's run north and south in Quebec and Rang or ranges run east and west. I live on Rang 5 ouest.
Chemin is the word for Road.


DSCN2345.jpg

This is the little church on the corner of my road. It's over 100 years old and still has services once a month in the summer.


DSCN2374.jpg

This is what we call the Cheese factory. It's just down the road from the end of my laneway. It hasn't been used since I can remember and I lived here all my life. You can't see it but my lane way is just before the crest of the hill.

And some mornings we see these in our yard. Not often but once and awhile.

DSCN2316.jpg

So there you have it. Alittle bit of Silver Creek Musings...HOME to me.

Is this ok Mark? I even explained some of the signs....

12 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

I for one, loved this. And having actually been there, I know how beautiful your area is. And thanks for explaining the Montée and Rang difference. actually didn't know.

Dana said...

Deer are the best 'lawn decorations' EVER. What a gorgeous place to live!

Hope said...

Beautiful posts. Lovely glimspes of silver creek life.

Northern Mom said...

I want to be there...I really really do....

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Looks picture perfect.

nancy said...

Stunning photos!! Makes me wanna make sure we get there in the summertime!!

BeachMama said...

Ahh, exactly what I will be seeing in a few hours :). You captured the essence of your place very well, you only missed the fire pit and the veggie garden where lots of enjoyment and fun are had.

jo(e) said...

What a great group of photos. It looks like a wonderful place to live.

(I am tempted now to go out and take photos of the road I live on ....)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Do it and let me know. I love that kinda stuff.

Marla said...

It looks peaceful.

Farm Mommy Kirsten said...

What a gorgeous spot. Once I get the hang of this whole linking blogging thing (that comes out sounding like a swear...) I think I'll do the same. It's clear that you love your home and have DEEP roots there.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Great Pix! Thanks so much! I love old churches and barns and stuff. Looks like I would be in heaven there. Is Chemin Robitaille near Luc Robitaille? I have heard of him...ha ha As far as your post about your daughter, I know what you are saying. Hannah is 5'4" and is about 90 pounds at best. Looks like a walking stick. She does eat but not much except for junk food. I think she talks so much that she talks the weight off her bones.....