About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nope So NOT Ready.

Mom worry hits hard this week

You know the kind...the kind that sneaks up on you when you not paying attention.
And it hit me as I was walking through a mall.
I was sure I was prepared to send him off to school but then it hit me.
No snuck up on me when I wasn't looking.
It just gobsmacked me right in the face.
My stomach went into knots and my mind started to race with thoughts of school.
And my baby being there.
When I was out with Nathan today and saw the back to school stuff is starting to come out.
And it scared the heck out of me.
Nathan starts school August 30th and I have to buy him clothes and a school bag and lunch bag and school supplies, he is just starting to write his WHOLE name, he knows his abc's and can count to 50. BUT he is not quite 5 yet. Ok he will be in a couple of weeks but he is so small.
OMG will he make friends or will he be a bully or the target of a bully?
He's only weighs 34 lbs.
I don't want him to be a loner but he is the type of kid that is happiest with just one or two kids, more makes him nervous.
He's just like his father.
Will he listen and behave in class?
Will I be getting calls from the school?
Will he want to learn or find it boring?
Will he hit or scream when he gets frustrated.
He still forgets to go to the bathroom when he is totally absobored in something.
Note make sure he has extra clothes.
And what if he doesn't like school and wants to stay with Mommy. That is going to be totally hard to do. Wanting to keep him with me and sending him anyways.
Nope I'm not ready to send him to school.
Not ready at all.
I thought for sure I'd be doing the happy dance.
I don't think I will.
I'll do the same thing I did when Miranda started.
I'll cry.
Nope not ready, you can't make me ready to send him


DSCN2107.jpg

But ready, he is.

7 comments:

jo(e) said...

I remember this feeling. My own kids were always so shy at that age that I felt terrified about sending them to kindergarten.

Of course, they did fine, and so did I. And now I will be sending another one off to college in the fall ....

twinmomplusone said...

It's in my calendar: August 30th, meet SCM for coffee and bring tissues

hugs my friend

BeachMama said...

ACK!!! If I wasn't going to be at the Beach, I would be there with Twin Mom, maybe I can take over the week after? I am still trying to convince myself to register for Duffer Doo, and that is only once a week!!! And I hyperventilated yesterday when my sister took him to Wendy's... you are not alone :)

nancy said...

He'll do great! I am already stressing about my guys and we are still over a year away. We have to trust our kids, they'll impress us.

Right?

Oops. Maybe not ready yet here either.

nancy said...

He'll do great! I am already stressing about my guys and we are still over a year away. We have to trust our kids, they'll impress us.

Right?

Oops. Maybe not ready yet here either.

Hope said...

Yep, typically harder on the mom fer sure. Chin up, he'll be fine and in two weeks you will be loving your freedom

Moggy said...

I sent my kid to school when she was 3 in a bus full of kids so small you couldn't see that anyone was on the bus until you got closer. It was good for her and for me. You will have a lot to talk about when he comes home telling you what happened at school.

I know it's hard, but you will make it ;-)