About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Day After Tomorrow

Nathans5thbirthday1.jpg

Yup.

This Week.

Nathan, you go off for your first FULL day of school. Kindergarten.

And Of course I'm worried, I'm happy, I'm proud, and sad that the last 5 years have gone in a blink.

I remember Miranda first day of her last year of Elementray school you were only a few weeks old. Everyone was looking at you and saying how tiny you were. And you were tiny.

I feel guilty for all the times I thought I can't wait for you to be in school and then I can do this or that.

I feel guitly for not taking more time with you. Even though I wonder how that could have been possible.

I feel guilty for not making you learn to count to 50, but you can do to 20.

Maybe I should have taught you to read?

But I loved reading to YOU.

I know good things are in store for you. I know you'll be bright and interested, I just hope you will use your listening ear better for the teacher than you do to me.

I hope you will be polite like I've taught you.

I hope you don't get picked on or pick on others.

I hope you first day is soo exciting and that you'll have lots of thing to tell me when you get home.

Most of all I hope you don't cry and want to come home with me. That will break my heart cause I can't do it even though with all my heart I will want to.

Know that I love you and I'm proud of you. I know you are strong and smart and Mommy will be here for you anytime.

Have a wonderful first day my little love.

And come and tell me all about it.

Love
MOM

3 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

((((((HUGS)))))) to you SCM!

Marla said...

I can't wait to hear about it!

nancy said...

He is gonna do oh, so great.