About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I need a break

So I came here to blog. And to bore you my loyal readers.

I vaccumned.
Made a cup of tea
I sent out some Business emails.
Read some of your blogs.
Read some emails.
Tried to budget but failed, I can spend but saving is hard!
Yes! I washed the kitchen floor!
It looks nice.
I did all the dishes that piled up yesterday.
Our hot water tank broke and it took us till midnight to fix it.
Tried to take a nap but with a 5 year old in the house it doesn't last long.
Read abit.
Put Nathan in a time out for pulling on the dogs ears.
For sticking his tongue out at me.
For yelling at me and telling me I was the one that needed a time out????
A typical day here in Silver Creek.
Now I'm waiting for Jack to call me back to see if he is bring home pizza, wine (YES we are out! So sad!) and a birthday cake to make Nathan happy.

OH!
Did I forget to mention it was my birthday?

Yes people 43 years ago my mother popped me out. They put her to sleep so she can't tell me it it was an easy delievery or not. Apparently that's why they used to do back in 1963.

It's been a normal day. Nathan and Miranda jumped into bed with me this morning and kissed me and said happy birthday. Jack and the kids gave me a wind up flashlight and train tickets to TORONTO in October! I get to go with some my friends for the weekend. (Nancy and Twinmom, Beachmama, Emma's Mom and Dani I think... and maybe meet and make a new one , Marla) There are more but they don't blog.

I'm hoping for pizza and a bottle of red wine , heck even a cooler, and a cake. It may just happen on the weekend. Whatever.
Now that I've had my break I'm going to tack all those train tracks in the living room and maybe get Nathan to help me put the toys back in the playroom.

Happy Birthday to all who have birthdays today!

6 comments:

nancy said...

Hope you had your wine...travesty without on your special day!!

Happy Birthday !!!

Silver Creek Mom said...

NO wine was seen anywhere Nancy...I will make up for it on the weekend!

I sure needed it last night, Went to the drug store and my BP was higher than I have ever seen it. I may have to go to the doctor and have it checked. Scared me.

BeachMama said...

Happy Belated. Get some good red wine in you and your BP will come right back down, no doubt about that at all.

Hope you get some extra birthday partying this weekend.

twinmomplusone said...

warm wishes to the birthday girl and may some great red wine flow soon ;)

hugs

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope said...

Cheers to a fellow Virgo.