About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It Could Not Have Gone Better

NathansFirstDayGrin.jpg
Today was a big day in my young man life.

Nathan, you started school. I could not have been prouder.

You were excited and happy.


NathansFirstDaywithMir.jpg
You went on the bus with your big sister and waved BYE MOM. She was so excited for you that she sat with you and made sure you got off the bus ok.

You hopped through the school yard on the way to the playground. All by yourself

You played with the other kids.

You lined up and went in.

You waited patiently for the other classes to get organized and go on their way.

NathansFirstDaywaitingtobecalled.jpg


You hung your stuff up (shocked me , you don't do that at home) and went into the classroom and waited from Mrs. White to talk to you and your class on the carpet.

I left for abit. You were ok with that.

I came back, you had made a friend.

When I said I was leaving and would meet you off the bus, You smiled and said Bye MOM.

No tears (well except when one boy took your tractor)

And the only tears from me was when your father said "Look there goes your baby off to school." He was trying to be funny but it made me shed a tear or two but only for a second .

You came home on the bus without knowing anyone and sat right up in the front. You told the driver when he was stopping that you lived right here and that was your mommy waiting. Your so friendly when you want to be.

I missed you and was happy to see you when you climbed down from that big bus. You said you had a good day and might go back tomorrow. LOL!

You made this day easy for me. Seeing you so happy and content, makes me happy and makes it easier to let you go.

Nathan, Mommy is very proud of you. We all are.

I love you sweetie.


NathansFirstDayReady.jpg

6 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

look at that smile, the pride and happiness exhudes from him! Your young man is off into the big wide world. And he did great. Kudos to you SCM, you've done a good job preparing him.

hugs

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I love his shirt. Glad to hear all went well.

brenda said...

Oh my god!

Could he be beeming more???

So happy to hear that it was a great first day for him...made things a little easier on you.
Brenda

Hope said...

Beautiful Pictures.
It is amazing to see the independence they have when away from mommy's TLC. A big moment.
But stop and do the dance of joy.... for you have time for you!!!

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Good luck Nathan! It seems like yesterday that I would sit out in driveway and watch Tyler shoot baskets while he waited for the bus when he was in Kindergarten. Now he is in 4th grade, my how time goes by fast! Nice shirt Nathan! Wish my boy would wear those....

kate5kiwis said...

hey SCmom
saw ya at twinmom's, thought i'd pop in for a cuppa ;o)
wow, another milestone huh.. nathan looks so happy about it too. he has such a cheeky grin!!
my biggest baby turned 17 this week.. i feel so old, and yet so young...
strange really :o)