About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Our trip Day 1

Hi all my Bloggie Friends

SO sorry it took so long to post but when the HUBBY is at home Nothing gets done. Well what I want to get done anyways.

It's going to take me a week to write about our travels and get you all catch up. I don't have enough time to do it all in one sitting. At least I have something to blog about this week.

Over all it was a great trip. Nathan had a few moments but over all was fine. Although he took to pinching his sister int he back seat. WHICH I stopped by asking her to tell me and I pinched hime back. Stopped dead right there.

We were up bright and early on Holiday Monday Morning to leave for Southern Ontario, but because we were already in vacation MOD we took our time and left late and drove lesuirely down to the TO Zoo, arriving at lunch time or there abouts. After eating our lunch that we packed and took with us. Smart idea come up with by Jack. (Nathan once he is moving will not eat) We spent the afternoon hopping on and off the zoomobile (a great way to see most of the zoo without tiring yourselves out completely!) All along Nathan said all he wanted to see was Giraffe's and at our first stop on our adventure in the Zoo, we seen giraffe's! Nathan was thrilled and wanted to stay there all afternoon we convinced him that there were more cool animals to see.

DSCN1154.jpg

Mommy Giraffe's!

DSCN2705.jpg

My kids looking at the Giraffe's ...Ok Miranda is taking pictures but that made her happy. Nathan was ticked that he could not pet the animals. We told him this was a real Zoo not a petting zoo. He seemed to go for that.

Miranda seemed to become an exhibit anywhere we went this trip. The wild and very dangerous Human male seemed to check her out at every point in our stops. Some were even brave enough to smile and wink at her. Luckly none approched. Maybe it was because of the Wild looking Animal beside her most of the time...ME. LOL!


DSCN2726.jpg

My favorite Animal of the Zoo Visit...the Polar Bear. I wanted to see Panda Bears but they were off at another Zoo.

After this highly sucessful stop we all piled back inot our little car and drove another 3 hours to Queenston Ontario to where we were to stay that night. The South Landing Inn is a quaint and quiet little Inn on the bank of the Niargara River. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's 15 minutes from Niaragra Falls and 10 minutes from Niargra on the Lake where the Shaw festival is held.



This is the Inn we stayed at. It was built before 1827 and it is run by a Hungarian Canadian Couple. We just loved them. It's a retirement Job for them. We actaully stayed at the more modern one just behind this one. But it was very nice and we walked across the street for Breakfast each morning. They had a 5$ breakfast special, they made themselves. NO cooks here.

DSCN2839.jpg

Here are the kid sittiing on the balcony of our little bit of Queenston. And yes Nathan is not happy to have his picture taken again.

Tomorrow Our Day In Niargra Falls ....

Stay tuned.

No comments: