About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An Awww Moment or two

Can they get any cuter?

If you don't like cute kids stories or sweet ones RUN from the room now and skip to the next blog. But I just had to share this moment that happened here this a.m.

I gave Nathan a granola bar for breakfast. He's not a big eater in the morning so anything into him is good. And he takes off out of the kitchen I thought he had to pee or something. After a few minutes I went looking for him and found him laying across Miranda's bed talking to her while she put on her makeup. I asked him what he was doing he said just visiting my Pretty big sister. Miranda says" Nathan I'm not that pretty." He goes "Miranda anyone can see how pretty you ar, Me and Tucker can see it." She smiles and says Thank you and I walk away with a tear in my eye.

Gotta love my kids.

Went to Nathan's Open House last night. I'm very impressed at how much the program has changed since Miranda was in Kindergatern. And how some things haven't changed. We waited around to talk to the teacher and found out that Nathan catches on to things very quickly. Espeically anything to do with Numbers and Math related activies. She says give him a rule once and he has it and does it bang first time. I hope this keeps up. They start HOME reading next week and a few other things. He was out the door before anyone this morning too. Can't wait to get to school.

When we got home last night...Miranda was crying over and English assignment. She really likes the teacher but she is a hard marker and teaches them tons of stuff. Miranda sooo wants to do well in her class. We had to get her to calm down do something else and then go back to it. IT WAS FREAKIN' AMAZING. I could have never wrote something like that in grade 11. Blows my mind.

I hope she gets ok mark so she is at least happy.

So off to get paint chips for my Studio. Got it all cleaned out yesterday. So one more step forward in that process. I will post pictures when I get it finished. Did I mention we have been working on it to get it organized and ready for me to paint again and to have my Buisness out of there? YUP! Building floor to ceiling book cases along one wall and desks or counters along the other 2 walls plus more shelves above the one counter (on runs along a window)

So I better shower and do that. Today is the Early dismissal day at Nathan's School. SO I have to be home by 2. Tomorrow I have an Orientation day at the School Library. I will be Nathan's Class Librarian. How COOL.

5 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

A new studio... how exciting! My sister and I visited a couple of studios this past weekend on a tour in North Gower. Nothing like a nice studio to get those creative juices flowing. I can't wait to see some of your work.

nancy said...

Can't wait to see the new studio!!!

Ann D said...

So you're going to be in TO one of these days? Too cool! Make sure La Marla keeps me posted on your itinerary.

Ann

kate5kiwis said...

love the little brother/big sister moment... that is adorable.
love it that our kids love each other...

BeachMama said...

Nathan is the best little brother in the world.

Can't wait to see the studio, it will be so exciting to see what you start turning out from there.