About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, September 04, 2006

To my Friends

Yesterday I spent time with a bunch of ladies (and their kids) I have met though the internet. I know I broke the First law of the Internet...NEVER meet anyone you've met online. BUT I did it and I'm glad. Most live in my area, some live too far to see daily but we do communicate) and I can't imagine my life without them. I know it would be sooo much more boring and each one has taught me something along the way. It's been 5 years since some of us first met. It is a fairly large group but not all of us were there, but enough to make noisely loud and OH SOOOO Much fun. I was pretty shy and reserved when I met them. Although even to this day I can't believe I actually went off and met some people I didn't even know just because I needed to talk to someone who was going through the same as me.

We're support group of sorts. We all started out with one thing in common. The desire to have kids but couldn't. In one way or another we needed each other to get us through the ups and downs of Fertility issues and Fertility treatments. Now I'm not going to go into who did what and what happen that would take years but that was our common bond. But as the years past we have become friends. Close friends. We gone through divorces, pregnancy, loss, new homes,reno's, birthday milestones, and ANYTHING our kids have done. Good and Bad. Some are well educated and some are intelligent but don't have that degree to go along with it. BUT it doesn't matter with this group. We are accepting of who we are and not what we have or have done or what we believe.


We comfort and comiserate and VENT. You know this Job of being a Mom is NOT easy at times. And we are together through it all. They have taught not me not to be afraid to say my point of view. NOW I'm not a vocal as some but I'm learning.

We used to make it a weekly playdate with the kids at one or anothers house. It was great. But as kids got older and some went off to work, it went to emails when we could (And when we get rolling there could be as much as a 100 in one day) Did I mention we were a funny group? But in the next few weeks our dynamic as a group takes another step. Our kids are off to school. As you well know loyal reader (yes I know there is at least one of you who reads all the time) Nathan went off the school this week. And the rest well be following as they go on to this next big step in their lives.

We try hard once a year to get together for a weekend just us ladies and have fun. This October will be our 3rd in the 5 years we have know each other in PERSON and longer on the boards we used to cruise. Not all of can go every year. Some have had Babies this year(YEA!) and are waiting till next. Some of us Have Jobs that get in the way and other commitments, but over all at least 10 of us do make it. (See I told you it was a large group)

Yesterday was fun. It was amazing to see all these kids we have know as babies grown up and playing OH so nicely. Yes there was one or two moments but nothing that the kids mostly didn't solve themselves. Us Mom's talked. Some saying they were finished with IVF, some Hoping to have another, Some talking about how the they are at loose ends and not knowing what they wanted to do next,(Waving a hand in the air) and like we usually do WE ATE! No booze was seen here with KIDS around but we ate. And we all can't wait to get together to see in each other and have some fun in 7 weeks.

I always feel refreshed and alive after I have been with these ladies for abit. Even if it was just dinner out we have a hoot and I come home happy and relaxed and not the least bit tired. I think that is a good thing and it shows you how wonderful they are.

Ladies;
Thanks for being there.
Your the best.
And you know who you are.

6 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

ditto, ditto, ditto to everything you've said!!! How we met is certainly unusual but the friendships we share are priceless.

I LOVED watching the kids play yesterday. It filled my heart with such warmth. Knowing how precious they are to us all, how much every single one of us struggled to get them and how our parenting can be so similar in so many respects.

And yes, these gettogethers always uplift my spirits too.

More tahtn happy to know you

Hope said...

NOTHING is more refreshing than spending time with women friends.
good on ya gals.

nancy said...

You said it, sister!!

DaniGirl said...

Me too, Sharon! Me too!

BeachMama said...

Your words express how we all feel.

The strangest thing to me is seeing how much all of the kids have grown!!!

I love hanging with you ladies so much and we will have to be sure to catch up in person on a long weekend here and there or when the kids are at school. Thanks for coming.

kate5kiwis said...

awwwww
how wonderful!!!!
i know only a handful of people IRL here in new zealand who blog....
and i knew them *before* they started blogging lol...
we seem to be a little behind the rest of the world down under in that respect.
what a fab thing to do.
sounds like a bunch of very cool chicks :o)