About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Unbelieveable

So Sad.

Very very Sad.

One young woman, just starting out in life, really will not be able to show the world who she really is, and what she could become.

20 young people and countless have experinced what no human should every have to experince. They were kids bewteen 16 and 20.

No I don't think I know of anyone going to this particular school.

BUT...

My Daughter is of this age.

She is thinking of WHICH CEGEP to go to.

Next year.

She could easily go to that CEGEP next year. Although she says she's staying near home.

Please Send out prayers or good thoughts, to the many that are in the hospital fighting for their lives.

Kudos to the Police for being there so fast.

Stuff like this breaks my heart.

AND...

Why would someone do this? I guess I should be thankful that my mind does not think like this. And I can't understand. The Pain must be unbearable. They say he was a loner and thought the world was a worhtless place. I wonder what had happened in his life to make him so bitter, to bring him to this point. To be sad and sick enough to want to hurt others he didn't even know. What of his Parents? What do they feel like this morning? I don't ever want to know how they feel. Don't get me wrong. I think the Police did what was right when the shot him. And I won't shed a tear over HIM at all. He chose to do this. He chose to be a loner, he picked the wrong friends whoever they may be. And does he realize, well I guess it doesn;t matter now, how much PAIN he casued so many people? Yes many people will say he was sick. YUP...but that does not excuse him. HELP is out there. Sorry ranting.

I cuddled with my Daughter last night. She is on the EVE of going off to College and not being in my care. I'm proud of her accompishments. I hope others dot he same. Our Children are priceless.

Well I hope the City of Montreal and the young adults at Dawson can get back to some sense of Ordinary .

Hugs and Prayers to you all in Montreal today.
Sorry for the muddled thoughts.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

Breaks my heart. The hardest part about the gunman being killed, is that they will never really know why on earth he did this.

Hope said...

A terrible, terrible thing.
Too many of these individuals are treated as harmless , odd loners when in fact they are dangerous psychopaths.
My thoughts and prayers to you Quebec

twinmomplusone said...

horrible, horrible tragedy reminiscent of the one a few years ago at the Ecole Polytechnique where 13 female engineering students were killed

things like thsi really get me wired up about gun laws

and imagine the killer's parents? what emotions they must be going through