About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm so excited!

Yes people my BIG GIRLS WEEKEND is happening this weekend. 3 More sleeps and by this time on Friday I will be at the train station dieing to get rolling. I wasn't sure I was going to go (with Miranda going to Spain) but I have the money saved up and OFF I go. Jack got me train tickets for my birthday so that was covered.

For the last couple of years, I go for one weekend away with these ladies. I look forward to it every year. We met through the internet. YES the NET. I know it's almost like online dating but better. We were all looking for one thing, someone to talk to about what we were going through at the time. Our link? Trying to have kids and one way or another we have done that. Through IVF, Adoption, or plain old fashion sex, we have all had our kids and some are trying to have more. I love these ladies to death they are my life line when things get rough and my sounding board when I need to vent and there to share the happy times and there have been alot with these gals. And honestly these ladies know as well as anyone I have been friends with for years.

My biggest dilema about this whole trip? What to hell to pack to take with me? Men have it easy couple of shirts a jacket and couple of pairs of pants and presto they are ready to go. Us it's the choices, do I wear a skirt or pants or jeans (to goout to dinner) or what shirt goes with that? Sigh...It's not like I don't have clothes enough I have tons since I sell them. That might be where the trouble lies. TOO MUCH CHOICE! LOL!

Another thing that has be raring to go this weekend is I get to meet one of my favorite bloggers and have coffee and dessert with her. Just before I leave to come home on Sunday. I'm thrilled to be meeting yet another INTERNET buddy! I'll tell you all aobut next week. But just for now I'm keeping it a secert. SHHHHH!

Now I'm off to deliever some orders and get back here to decide what I want to take with me and make sure it is clean and I look good!

6 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I too am going away this weekend with a group of gals. Always so much fun!

nancy said...

C-ya!

brenda said...

I can't wait too!!!

Hope said...

you are the second of my blog links that are doing girl weekends this weekend.
Have a great time.

BeachMama said...

You are going to have so much fun. It won't matter what you are wearing ;).

twinmomplusone said...

see ya there and just pack your favorite make-you-feel good clothes :)