About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It Was WONDERFUL

Toronoto has changed in my eyes. Although it's still not my favortie City in Canada...Montreal is. It's now a close 2nd with the amount of fun we had. Our Best Weekend yet! The Hotel was awesome and the Service was AMAZING. The suite was beautiful and it had the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. And the pool and hot tubs were awesome. Although I didn't get back to the hotel to swim even though I wanted to.

MGW2006-31.jpg

Toronto skyline at night from the hottubs. NICE! Blurry shot but it's still pretty.

The converstation was awesome. I love these ladies. They have become very very special to me. AND I can't imgine my life without them, it certainly would be dull. We laughed till we cried and our sides ached. Went to an awesome resturant (the Superior) not far from the hotel and they treated us soooo well I would recommend it to anyone. NOT to mention we gave the sous Chef a standing ovation for such a great meal. We ate sooo much junk it was amazing. We drank ...well your only getting this post now so you know how much of it was done. SIGH (not as young as I used to be) Even a couple fo guys tried to picksome of us up. I swear I was old enough to be their mother. LMAO!)


MGW2006-39.jpg
Our Suite Kitchen after we got a hold of it! Man we took alot of food and booze home.

Great shopping(got 2 great pairs of boots, a bunch of cd's, stuff for the kids, etc..) although I wish I had more money and more time to do more Gallery hopping (where you can buy art) and see a few other places.




I have a better picture but I need to get off the camera for some reason it didn't download.

Sunday our last day there was a special treat for Nancy and I . We got to meet the famous blogger Marla! Yes, we met Marla Downtown at Jamie Kennedy's Wine bar and had a great feast. Although my tummy was under the weather I only ate abit. She is a loverly person who can talk as fast as she writes. I was thrilled to be with her. I even got a gilmsp of The Chef himself. (Very Handsome Man.) I love to meet up with Marla again. She is such an interesting person. Wealth of fun and great to chat with. I don't have a great picture of us but I'm sure she does so I will let her post them. Marla anytime you want to spend time in the country and out of province you know who to call.


Dessert at Jamie's was TO. DIE. FOR.!!

After we left the bar we talk as she walk with me to Union Station where I left this fun filled weekeend to come back home to Hugs and Kisses and Streamers all around my ktichen from nathan. He missed his mommy and decorated it special for me. I loved it. It was too special.
Then in the morning he read me his first Book. It was a special moment.

The only downer about this whole trip was the train ride back. I came down with a friend and through being tired and stupid I didn't hook up with her and we spent our whole ride back without each other. I missed talking to her. I hope to make it up to her soon. Totally my fault.
Ended up sleeping and feeling sick the whole way.

So that's it people. An Awesome weekend spent with people I adore and looking forward to next year already. I can't believe how close we have all become, and after meeting through the internet. Our world has really changed.

8 comments:

Marla said...

It was lovely for me too, and I'll post about it soon! With VIDEO, so Nancy can see what she missed.

nancy said...

I am still recovering...

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, please, please don't feel bad. It was my fault too, we just both aren't planners. I slept most of the way back, so no worries friend!

I'm still exhausted and just about to go to bed. I miss our bed!

Donna

BeachMama said...

Sniff, sniff. Glad you had so much fun. I missed another good one for sure. Hopefully will see some more photos!

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Sounds like you had a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Oh what FUN!! I'm so happy you all had a great time!!

jo(e) said...

That sounds like a fantastic weekend!

twinmomplusone said...

it was SO fun, always goes TOO fast, SO much going on, SO many peaople to talk to, SO many memories

I especially liked our little walk thorugh the art museum :)

and here's to next time!