About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Well this school thing is going well

Remember way back, when, I thought Nathan would be a terror in school?
Let me say here and publicly that

I . WAS . WRONG.


DSCN1458.jpg

Yes I was and proud of it.

He has charmed every female teacher, or supervior in the building.
Yes he didn't start out well. (we won't mention the biting ever again)
but now he has even the bus driver saying he's so darn cute.

He's charmed everyone. Everyone says the same. He's always happy, always stopping to talk to anyone and always polite. MY BOY? This is my BOY your talking about? Well thankd you. I talked to his dance teacher. The do dance as a way of exercise in the class. She says he is always willing to try something without being afraid of it. And he's good. LMAO! The teacher says he always listens and is always ready to work at something, no temper tanturms here.
The french teacher says he likes to hold her hand and is learning quite quickly. Jack says I'd hold her hand too, she's young and cute. See he's a ladies man already at the tender age of 5.

So there you have it. My young man has fooled everyone at school. Actually to be quite truthful he has changed for the better here at home. Oh he has his moments but he is a happy kid. He's always been a pretty good kid but he is very challenging and now that is he being challenged in a way that I couldn't, he's a happy boy.

Now for the other Love in my life. Miranda. She came home last week with these.
DSCN3006.jpg



Now I know we have been talking aobut university on and off for a few months here but actally seeing the catalogues really shook me up. I know she is is staying around (well so I think) for the next 2 years at least, but look at how fast 16 years went. It was a blink of an eye. So now she is looking at these trying to think of what would be the best for her. Sigh. The time is coming when my kids are leaving the nest. NO babybook told me it would be this hard. I know she will do well. BUT she is still my little girl. Level headed, beautiful, smart, articulate.

And of that I am proud of her.

So there you have it world. Even through all the mom guilt and the mistakes I'm sure I've made along the way, my kids are turning out pretty darn good, even if I do say so myself.

Proud Mom Moment over.

;)

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

Hurray for proud Mom moments.

Anonymous said...

You should be very proud of both kids! Congratulations! I hope the next 2 years go by slow for you then your daughter goes off to a good school and makes you proud!

nancy said...

Both growing up at different places in their lives, congratulations to everyone.

Shelley said...

Terrifying, isn't it? I can hardly believe we're down to less than a year here!