About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, November 13, 2006

A Meme instead of

talking about illness which I've had enough of - thank you very much
(we are all back and healthy for the most part...THANK GOD)
And I have a blog I'm working on in my head...I thought I would steal this from Danigirl and Northern Mom and give you this little insight into my life. (Yeah like you want to know this stuff)
(I did the canuck thing and like everyone else I'm 100% ...no brainer here!)

So here we go-Meme time.

01. bought everyone in the bar a drink (Ok it was 6 people but they were all that were there)
02. swam with wild dolphins
03. climbed a mountain (In a gondola does that count?)
04. taken a ferrari for a test drive
05. been inside the great pyramid
06. held a tarantula
07. taken a candlelit bath with someone(my Hubby)
08. said "i love you" and meant it (Like I would Lie about something like that)
09. hugged a tree
10. bungee jumped(not on your life)
11. visited paris
12. watched a lightning storm at sea (i've never been to sea billy...arrrrggghhhh)
13. stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise (one of my favorite things to do when I was younger)
14. seen the northern lights
15. gone to a huge sports game
16. walked the stairs to the top of the leaning tower of pisa
17. grown and eaten your own vegetables (every summer)
18. touched an iceberg
19. slept under the stars
20. changed a baby's diaper (you've got to be kidding right?)
21. taken a trip in a hot air balloon (no but I want to)
22. watched a meteor shower
23. gotten drunk on champagne (no but everything else)
24. given more than you can afford to charity (yupp big problem of mine....I hate to see people with less than me)
25. looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment(Church)
27. had a food fight
28. bet on a winning horse
29. asked out a stranger (well i knew him but not well and he said no...I was crushed)
30. had a snowball fight
31. screamed as loudly as you possibly can OH YEAH!
32. held a lamb
33. seen a total eclipse
34. ridden a roller coaster
35. hit a home run (are we talking sex here?)
36. danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (I never care to the embarssement of my daughter)
37. adopted an accent for an entire day
38. actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment YUP!
39. had two hard drives for your computer
40. visited all 50 states
41. taken care of someone who was drunk (too often for words)
42. had amazing friends (I have Still amazing friends they just shift every once and awhile)
43. danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. watched whales
45. stolen a sign

46. backpacked in europe
47. taken a road-trip
48. gone rock climbing
49. midnight walk on the beach (Oh but I'd like to)
50. gone sky diving
51. visited ireland
52. been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love (can you spell "high school"?) (yeah Dani's answer)
53. in a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. visited japan
55. milked a cow (it's ahrder than it looks)
56. alphabetized your cds (and books but now they are all over sigh)
57. pretended to be a superhero (sure with Nathan)
58. sung karaoke( No but my hubby has)
59. lounged around in bed all day
60. played touch football
61. gone scuba diving
62. kissed in the rain
63. played in the mud
64. played in the rain
65. gone to a drive-in theater(First date with Jack)
66. visited the great wall of china
67. started a business( doing that now...still learning and need some books...help please? )
68. fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. toured ancient sites
70. taken a martial arts class
71. played d&d for more than 6 hours straight (ok not sure what d & d is ?)
72. gotten married (once but many times in my head before Jack)
73. been in a movie (No but I hope Miranda is as even an extra)
74. crashed a party
75. gotten divorced
76. gone without food for 5 days (very sick)
77. made cookies from scratch (doesn't everyone?)
78. won first prize in a costume contest
79. ridden a gondola in venice (but I did take the water bus - it's far cheaper!)
80. gotten a tattoo (stick on count?)
81. rafted the snake river
82. been on television news programs as an "expert" Yeah right me? Ha
83. gotten flowers for no reason (Yup...Jack sent them FTD from Texas to say he missed me. I cried)
84. performed on stage
85. been to las vegas
86. recorded music
87. eaten shark
88. kissed on the first date
89. gone to thailand
90. bought a house Well built one.
91. been in a combat zone
92. buried one/both of your parents (thank GOD no)
93. been on a cruise ship
94. spoken more than one language fluently Well I try and the lady at the grocery store Says I'm good...but Fluent I'm not)
95. performed in rocky horror (Miranda wants to play magenta)
96. raised children (well I'm trying)
97. followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. passed out cold (just once?)
99. taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. walked the golden gate bridge
102. sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking (like so last week)
103. had plastic surgery Eyes and would like to do them again)
104. survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. wrote articles for a large publication
106. lost over 100 pounds
107. held someone while they were having a flashback
108. piloted an airplane (But that would be so cool)
109. touched a stingray
110. broken someone's heart
111. helped an animal give birth (yup my dog)
112. won money on a t.v. game show
113. broken a bone (dislocated, left pinky finger)
114. gone on an african photo safari
115. had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (yup)
117. eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild (with and expert Mushroomer)
sidenote where is 118?
119. had major surgery (2 eptopic's)
120. had a snake as a pet
121. hiked to the bottom of the grand canyon
122. slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours (I wish...)
123. visited more foreign countries than u.s. states (well, more countries than Canadian provinces)
124. visited all 7 continents
125. taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. eaten kangaroo meat
127. eaten sushi
128. had your picture in the newspaper
129. changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about (I hope so!)
130. gone back to school (want to but afraid)
)131. parasailed
132. touched a cockroach
133. eaten fried green tomatoes
134. read The Iliad
135. selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read (just one?)
136. killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. skipped all your school reunions
138. communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. been elected to public office
140. written your own computer language
141. thought to yourself that you're living your dream (once and awhile)
142. had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. built your own PC from parts (well Jack did)
144. sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you (YUP!)
145. had a booth at a street fair
146. dyed your hair(all the time...going down fightin')
147. been a dj
148. shaved your head
149. caused a car accident
150. saved someone's life

Now if you've read all this you wasting time go and do something FUN!
;)

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

So happy to hear you are all feeling much better, that really is sucky that you were all sick at the same time.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Wow! I am speechless....literally without speech! Thanks!