About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Quick Vent.

Man Life is tough these days

Usually I can roll with the punches but with this cold, and everything that has to be done. I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Nathan got off the bus in crabby humour and ended up in bed at 7 for just down right being defianate. His school pictures came in...I'll scan then when I have a chance, he's a cutie.

THEN Miranda came home. She was upset, no that is a understatement. She was a total basket case. She got her report card and she is on longer on the honour roll. First time in her school life. She cried for 2 hours not to mention the crying she has done at school and on the bus. She seems to be scrambling to keep up with things and We eventually realized it was becasue she is taken from a lot of classes to peer help. We discussed dropping it and she feels bad but agrees. It's not like alot of the marks aren't good. They are. She got high 90's in 2 courses, high 80's in 3 and then rest are in the low 70 and 60's. She passed everything, but her overall average is under 80%. From what she says I think the teachers are marking unfairly in some areas. We will talk with them all on Thursday night. EVEN If I have to talk to the prinicpal.

She went on and on about how she is not smart and how she won't be able to get into CEGEP with those marks which is not true. Jack and I never was rough on her all we did was hug and kiss her. She is hard enough on herself. Jack told her to quite being so rough on herself so that we have the chance to do it. He told her she takes all the fun stuff away. She smiled through the tears. She is furious about French...she can't figure out how she wnet from an 80 average in French down to low 60's. She is really struggling. She is in immersion and her oral mark was brought down becasue the teacher heard her speak english once in class...she got 94 on her oral. I find that a bit extreeme. Something is not right here. I guess I better talk with them.

Also she has been having trouble, well sort of, with one peer helper. He only talks to her when she is alone, and pulls her out of class to tell her his trouble and baiscaly she says he's doesn't seem real and she feels really nervous around him. LIKE something is not on the up and up. Another reason to quit peer helping.

And Now I hear that my neice needs some extra prayers. So please add her to your list.

I have to go and start my day. Even though crawling in a hole is what I want to do.

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Oh Sharon, sounds like a rough day, just the kind of day to stay snuggled up with a cuppa tea and a good book.

It sure sounds like Miranda needs to drop that Peer helping thing. Although I know it is awesome to help others, not if it comes at a cost to your actual schoolwork. Especially concerning this guy.

I hope the day gets better for you!!

Hugs